PDA

View Full Version : Christmas presents for minded children

Snowwhite
15-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Hi,I'm new on here but not so new at childminding. Theres always some great advice on here! Just wondering what you all do in terms of Xmas presents for minded ones? Do you buy a nice present for each child,for maybe a fiver or under, or do you just buy a selection box for each,no matter how many or how little days and hours they are with you? Last year i bought a few nive presents but it got quite expensive but does just a selection box look like your being a bit tight with the money or is it acceptable? I do have a young family of my own.Thanks.

Becci26
16-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Hiya :-)

I normally buy a book for each child relevant to their interests, I have ordered mine from the book people this year and they were all £2-3 each (with the rrp being higher though so it looks more expensive ;) !)
I only have one eyfs child at the mo, the others are all after schoolies. But last year I bought a bundle of 10 winter themed books from there for £10!
I like to do a party too (last year was willy Wonka), although this year as I have a small baby I haven't been very organised so think I am just going to have a little festive tea party tomorrow x

Snowwhite
16-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks for that,but i forgot to mention i buy a book for each onr on their birthday,and all their birthdays were just earlier this month!x

AliceK
16-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I usually buy a token gift for them. This year all my EYFS children have got a book and a selection box. I can't spend a fortune on presents for them as like you I have a family of my own and just can't afford to. I also buy for their birthdays at which time I get them something which is related to their current interests but for Christmas it's always a book.

xxxx

Chimps Childminding
16-12-2013, 12:07 PM
We buy things as we see them in the sales throughout the year! Usually spend £5 or so on each child, but as its normally purchased in the sales they get a more expensive present for their £5! I don't think parents will think you are being tight if you buy selection boxes, after all its the thought that counts. Some of our parents buy us lovely presents, but some don't even send a card - usually the ones you do the most for I might add :angry: If you have a few children it can work out quite expensive - though of course you can put it through your books :thumbsup:

JulieA
16-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Mine get a book, a treat bag of chocolate and a little gift. Last year it was a glove puppet (£2.00 each from costco), this year it is a colour changing duck for the bath. And some homemade play dough. Whole bag works out at less than a fiver.

Snowwhite
16-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks all.Big help

fione
16-12-2013, 04:59 PM

I made all my LO a present this year, gave some out today and they loved them, very simple milk and white chocolate on a lolly stick, then a little note saying add to warm milk, for a lovely chocolate drink on Xmas eve! X

weedotes
16-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Hi,I'm new on here but not so new at childminding. Theres always some great advice on here! Just wondering what you all do in terms of Xmas presents for minded ones? Do you buy a nice present for each child,for maybe a fiver or under, or do you just buy a selection box for each,no matter how many or how little days and hours they are with you? Last year i bought a few nive presents but it got quite expensive but does just a selection box look like your being a bit tight with the money or is it acceptable? I do have a young family of my own.Thanks.

Hi snow white ,, I ve minded some of my wee ones for 8 years and was at a loss this year about what to get them . I wanted to get them something because I ll have nearly 10 days off fully paid no questions asked. I finally decided to get them an book about their various interests and buy a few toys for the playroom and garden they can all share . Everyone seems happy with that .

blue bear
16-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Mine were all bought inthe sainsburys sale this year,last year they got a selection box and a book split from a 10 pack from the book people. I buy what I can afford.

charlottenash
16-12-2013, 10:58 PM
I've spent a fair bit on my full timer, altogether about £15, and a cinema voucher for mum and dad, but only because we are very close and I think they'll buy us something (not that that matters)

I have bought my part timer a couple if things £5-7 altogether and parents a box of chocs.

It's all upto you :) if I had more than 3 I wouldn't be spending more than a few pounds

clareelizabeth1
16-12-2013, 11:59 PM
I think that a book is more than enough. Children get so much that most toys get forgotten about but books are often enjoyed for years. I also think most cheap toys just brake and are a waste of money and expensive toys should only be bought by their parents.

But then I'm a christmas grinch

charlottenash
17-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Bath bombs are a good idea, good way for them to unwind on Christmas night, fun, and will be remembered :)

jackie 7
17-12-2013, 09:59 AM
I only give books as presents. I keep it sime. I buy them when on sale or in Costco. Parents like it. Had one say that child loves the books and they didn't have many!! Also asked if I thought reading bed time stories good for child.

Supernanny86
17-12-2013, 11:34 AM
I only give books as presents. I keep it sime. I buy them when on sale or in Costco. Parents like it. Had one say that child loves the books and they didn't have many!! Also asked if I thought reading bed time stories good for child.

I got mine books too! Costco is so good for that! :)

Carol
17-12-2013, 12:53 PM
I pay for a party for all the children at jitterbugs (like a wacky), no presents to wrap no time wasted looking for age related gifts etc and they provide the invitations. Kids love it as they are all together having fun

Carol