PDA

View Full Version : xmas party games

Rickers83
15-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm doing a 'xmas party' on Thursday for my mindees (all except my dd & 1 lo are school age)

little buffet tea, hubby dressing as Santa to bring presents in to them....

activity wise we will decorate Xmas biscuits & I've found a couple of games :
Santa says (Simon says)
secret stocking - fill a stocking with items then children feel it and try to guess contents, most correct guesses wins
frostys musical march - like musical chairs but using white snow patches & 1 hot spot, when music stops whoever is on the hotspot melts & is out

is anyone else doing anything similar or have any other ideas? :0)

The Juggler
15-12-2013, 10:14 PM
stick the nose on rudolph /hat on santa/carrot on the snowman???

hide some chocolate coins to find (with clues for the older ones)

have fun!

Glitter
16-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Sleeping snowmen is a good game for the end of a Christmas party.

Get all the children to lie on the floor. They have to stay still and not move, ask them to close their eyes so you don't see them blinking. When you see them move they are out, the last one to move is the winner.

Once they are all settled go and make your self a cup of tea and have a sit down. As long as you say 'You are all so good at this game' every few minutes they will not notice you have sneaked of for a break. When you have finished your tea announce that they were all so good they have all won! If you are very lucky they might all drop off to sleep and you will get a longer break.

smurfette
16-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Sleeping snowmen is a good game for the end of a Christmas party. Get all the children to lie on the floor. They have to stay still and not move, ask them to close their eyes so you don't see them blinking. When you see them move they are out, the last one to move is the winner. Once they are all settled go and make your self a cup of tea and have a sit down. As long as you say 'You are all so good at this game' every few minutes they will not notice you have sneaked of for a break. When you have finished your tea announce that they were all so good they have all won! If you are very lucky they might all drop off to sleep and you will get a longer break.

Lol amazing idea!!

MessybutHappy
16-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Sleeping snowmen is a good game for the end of a Christmas party.

Get all the children to lie on the floor. They have to stay still and not move, ask them to close their eyes so you don't see them blinking. When you see them move they are out, the last one to move is the winner.

Once they are all settled go and make your self a cup of tea and have a sit down. As long as you say 'You are all so good at this game' every few minutes they will not notice you have sneaked of for a break. When you have finished your tea announce that they were all so good they have all won! If you are very lucky they might all drop off to sleep and you will get a longer break.

We did this with great success after lunch yesterday!! getting them to lie on their tums and head to toe helps avoid giggling!!! (Not that I've had much practice... Honest!!)

Maza
16-12-2013, 02:35 PM
There is a lovely Christmas picture Bingo on Sparklebox which mine always love.