PDA

View Full Version : Childcare bouchers

munch149
15-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Have used these before but...

Child is at school and parent wants to overpay me so that I refund it back and they can build it up for use in the school holidays. Can this work. They pay me weekly and I know I have to refund the vouchers back to the company but don't know if this is going to be too much hassle every week. Anyone done anything similar

Leela
15-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Have used these before but...

Child is at school and parent wants to overpay me so that I refund it back and they can build it up for use in the school holidays. Can this work. They pay me weekly and I know I have to refund the vouchers back to the company but don't know if this is going to be too much hassle every week. Anyone done anything similar

No, if you refund them it's money laundering. Any overpayment has to go back to the voucher company who will refund parents once tax and NI removed. Good luck but don't agree.

Koala
15-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Can you not just carry over the over payment to the next months invoice and the next until she uses it all in the school hols?

dawn100
15-12-2013, 06:48 PM
My parent who uses childcare vouchers both her and her partner puts the same amount into the voucher scheme each month , and started doing this when she was on maternity leave and not using any childcare so has built up quite an amount in the childcare scheme but each month only pays me what the bill is as some months are more than others.
Can't your parent do this rather than you faff with refunding each week?

Tealady
15-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I have a parent who when she started used Busy Bees who at the.time had a rubbish system so payment was delayed.

So what we now do is that she pays me £200 at a time. I send a weekly statement (I only have him before school with the odd after school and babysit session.) When the balance gets below £50 she pays over another £200. If she were too give notice any extra over four weeks fees she knows would be paid back to voucher company.

Would this work for you?

line6
15-12-2013, 07:03 PM
When my husband got childcare vouchers he put a set amount into his account each month which we could then send on to the childcare provider as needed, either by standing order or manually. There was a gap when he was still collecting money in his account but we didn't need to use it due to our childrens ages so it just sat in the account until we needed it. I think your parents may be trying to pull a fast one on this.

hectors house
15-12-2013, 09:18 PM
This parent can overpay into the voucher account and then the money can stay in there until the school holidays - you cannot and must not give her money back in cash as she hasn't paid any tax on this part of her wages - this would be fraud and tax evasion.

Mouse
15-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Like some of the others have said, the parents can build up money in their voucher account and just transfer the amount to you as & when it's needed. I certainly wouldn't get involved in being over paid every week & having to refund it to the voucher company.

shortstuff
15-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Another way to look at it is this parent is asking you to do more work for your payment which is due to you. Im sure your free time is precious and not to be used running a parents errands as they cant be bothered to do things properly themselves. Stick up for yourself and let the parent know you will welcome the payment due but any deliberate overpayment might be viewed as a gift lol x

bunyip
16-12-2013, 10:12 AM
This parent can overpay into the voucher account and then the money can stay in there until the school holidays - you cannot and must not give her money back in cash as she hasn't paid any tax on this part of her wages - this would be fraud and tax evasion.

I agree.

It's very simple (mind you, it sounds like the parent is too :rolleyes: ). The parent can work out how much they need to set aside for future use. It's called "budgeting" and is one of those little life skills she should've learnt before considering having a child :panic:. Then she can use her voucher account (not yours) as a sort of 'holding account' or escrow in which to store the funds until needed.

If she continues to treat you like a bank, I'd be inclined to introduce charges for every transaction, like a real bank would. :thumbsup: