PDA

View Full Version : Xmas presents!?

S Stars
15-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi :)

This is my first Xmas as a childminder and I e bought a book and selection pack for my mindees one of the children has 2 older sisters who I don't look after ..... I wondered what you all do .... Do you buy for siblings aswell??

Thanks x

kellib
15-12-2013, 12:41 PM
No I don't buy for siblings

JoRo163
15-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Mindees only. Not for non attending siblings!!

mrs robbie williams
15-12-2013, 04:19 PM
selection boxes for mindees only :thumbsup:

charlottenash
15-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Mindees only here

dawn100
15-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Mindees only

Koala
15-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I buy a little something for siblings. :thumbsup:

samb
15-12-2013, 07:58 PM
I buy for siblings if they are ad hoc and I have them occasionally but this year I mind a lo who is attending just a couple of hours a week to keep space open whilst mum on maternity leave but has an older and younger sibling so I am only getting current mindee a little gift. If I bought them all something I wouldn't earn anything for the family in December at all.

Daisy1956
15-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I usually just buy a small present for siblings. I have minded most of them and they have only stopped attending because they are too old.

Mouse
15-12-2013, 08:37 PM
I buy for mindees and if I have looked after siblings in the past I may get something very small for them if I still see them. I have one sibling who left for school in Sept. I still see her once a week when she comes with mum to collect mindee, so I have got her a cheap book.
I have other mindees who have siblings, but I never looked after them and don't ever see them, so don't even think about getting them anything. If you think about it, a nursery might buy a gift for a child at christmas, but they wouldn't get anything for any brother or sisters.

What I often do is get mindees to take cakes or biscuits and they take enough home for everyone in their family to have one.

samb
15-12-2013, 09:08 PM
I buy for mindees and if I have looked after siblings in the past I may get something very small for them if I still see them. I have one sibling who left for school in Sept. I still see her once a week when she comes with mum to collect mindee, so I have got her a cheap book. I have other mindees who have siblings, but I never looked after them and don't ever see them, so don't even think about getting them anything. If you think about it, a nursery might buy a gift for a child at christmas, but they wouldn't get anything for any brother or sisters. What I often do is get mindees to take cakes or biscuits and they take enough home for everyone in their family to have one.
Actually yes that's a great idea. We are making peppermint creams so will make sure each child has enough for siblings too.