PDA

View Full Version : Advices

Hello you
14-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi there,

I would like some advices from all, please. I have some children's who don't do naps anymore,
and others do. What kind of activities should I do for them in this quite time, I do
read books, but it is not enough!

Thanks for your kind attention!

Happy Christmas :)

Mouse
15-12-2013, 08:58 AM
When my younger mindees sleep I like to use the time to do activities with the older ones who don't need a sleep any more. We do things that we can't do when the littler ones are awake, such as playing with Playmobil or doing scissor activities. I use the time for more focused activities like simple board games, pairs games, colour & number recognition activities etc.

blue bear
15-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Board games , cooking, puzzles, writing shopping lists, playmobil, craft with scissors.... Anything I can't really do when lo awake.
My older ones are four and need adult led more focused things during nap time rather than a quite period for rest.

The Juggler
15-12-2013, 09:53 AM
i often used to do cooking or activities that I found it harder to do with the babies around. :thumbsup:

Hello you
15-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Very nice advices!
Thanks à lot...
I do wonder if those who don't sleep anymore need rest or activities time?

I have had the right answers, many thanks!

Have a lovely Sunday and Happy Christmas:)

The Juggler
15-12-2013, 10:02 AM
so you have a break I'd say. Babies to bed, do a focus activity with non-sleepers then tell them it's free play time or a bit of TV so you can have a sandwich and a bit of head space.