PDA

View Full Version : Best pushchair for sleeping in?

lisbet
14-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I have a double Nipper, but I could do with a single pushchair too for some occasions. I think it would come in handy as another option for nap time too. So far I have considered the BabyJogger City Mini because it has a big seat and big hood. Which pushchair would you recommend for comfy sleeping? :)

greanan
14-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm after a new single an this is one I've been looking at so will be following this thread

loocyloo
14-12-2013, 04:54 PM
've got a maxi cosi speedi ( same as quinny speedi ) ... mine is 9 yrs old now, so don't know latest model! but it reclines almost flat and footrest comes up. it has a nice big hood and is a big seat. I've had LOs sleeping in it till 2yrs plus ... ( depending upon how tall they are! )

sarah707
14-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Anything nice and wide which lies flat and is well padded works well. I've had a few over the years :D

lynncjt
14-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm using a petite star zia at the moment as it folds quickly for my boot. The kids love it for sleeping, lies back really well but the footrest does not come up and the hood is small. I got mine second hand on ebay.

blue bear
14-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Mine sleep well in the double nipper v1 so I bought a single too, it's a version 2 and to be honest it's a bit too narrow, they children prefer the phil and teds it's wider and they sleep better in it.

lisbet
14-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks everyone - very useful info :thumbsup:

The lack of an adjustable footrest is the only thing putting me of about the BJCM.

I've pondered trying to get a bargain Mamas and Papas MPX or Silver Cross Freeway, because the seats seem big (??) and they have a footrest. Also the added bonus of a rear facing option.

But, I need it to be super comfy to push as I have no car and walk a lot and I don't know if they are?

greanan
15-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone - very useful info :thumbsup: The lack of an adjustable footrest is the only thing putting me of about the BJCM. I've pondered trying to get a bargain Mamas and Papas MPX or Silver Cross Freeway, because the seats seem big (??) and they have a footrest. Also the added bonus of a rear facing option. But, I need it to be super comfy to push as I have no car and walk a lot and I don't know if they are?

I have ah the silver cross in the past and if was fine to push. Currently got a mamas and papas xcel - same seat as mpx but with bouncy chassis instead. I love it!!! Best buggy to push in my opinion. The seat isn't as big as most pushchairs so children don't really have room to sleep on it past about 2 but great for smaller ones

PixiePetal
15-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I have a Jane Powertrack - an old one but has a wide and comfortable seat and is lovely to push (3 wheels)

Maza
15-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Mine have always slept really well in my maclaren. Can't remember the name of it but it was one of the more expensive ones as they are quite wide. Easy to fold down for car or storage.

Trpta108
15-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Emmaljunga or Bertini are both great.

Daisy1956
15-12-2013, 08:21 PM
My daughter has a emmaljunga it is fabulous. Nice and bouncy to push lovely and comfy for baby or toddler.

bunyip
16-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Safety warning: I can assure all members that there is no pushchair currently on the market which is suitable for sleeping in.

God knows, I've tried, but I always get my ar5e wedged tight between the armrests. :eek:

..... that and the children tire too quickly when pushing me round the park. :rolleyes:

SJ35
16-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Safety warning: I can assure all members that there is no pushchair currently on the market which is suitable for sleeping in. God knows, I've tried, but I always get my ar5e wedged tight between the armrests. :eek: ..... that and the children tire too quickly when pushing me round the park. :rolleyes:

Hahaha!!! Just choked on my tea!!
X

desiderata
16-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I have the Baby Jogger Elite double and its brilliant x the seats lie flat and the bottom part can be raised too so it is flat and they are quite wide seats too.

lisbet
16-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Ah, Bunyip - You've cheered me up after a difficult morning! :laughing:

Thanks for the tips and info, everyone :thumbsup:

jadavi
16-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Me too! Walked right into that one :)