PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Sarahj2012
13-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some advice I know that once you have had your pre reg visit you cant actually look after any children until you have received your certificate but when can you start advertising as a childminder, for example when can I put my website up and give out business cards etc. Thank you in advance for any help with this. Sarah

moggy
13-12-2013, 08:40 PM
As soon as you like but you have to say something like 'new childminder planning to be Registered by February 2014' or 'New childminder: Places available from March 2014', you can't say you are a 'Registered Childminder' yet. As long as you are not deceiving or misleading anyone it is fine. Just be clear and honest. Remember though, not to guarantee anyone a place for a particular date because your registration might get held up for weeks/months. Don't sign contracts or promise anything until you have that certificate in your hand! You can meet prospective parents though and get your intentions known.

Nickidela
14-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi. Yeah all I can say is the same really. Like you, I'm new to childminding but have had so many hold ups by Ofsted. I applied in April, had my pre-reg visit at the end of August yet I'm still not registered due to some checks still not being back. I'm desperate to get started but i'd hold out advertising until the paperwork is in your hand, just incase you're as unlucky as me and it takes forever - hopefully you'll have the paperwork in your hand within a few weeks though! :-) As a parent however, I wouldn't hesitate in meeting with somebody knowing they've done all the courses and are nearly registered if I didn't need a childminder immediately, so on that side it wouldn't hurt to advertise stating your registration is nearly complete, it gets your name out there as well. X

sarah707
14-12-2013, 06:20 PM
The problem with registering is that you don't know how long it will take - you could say 'ready for Feb' but something might hold up your application.

I'd say go with the website, get things ready but be very careful about saying you will be reg by xxx.

Good luck! :D