PDA

View Full Version : Awkward

CookieCutter
12-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Hello all,

Some of you may know, from my last thread, that I had to take Tuesday and Wednesday off this week as my daughter vomited early Tuesday morning. She has been fine since, so I could work again today. Mindee was dropped off this morning and was quite happy to see me and we played and did Christmas crafts this morning, had lunch, then nap time. After a short nap, she woke up screaming and was very clingy, cried when I put her down and was a bit shaky. This is completely unlike her and she was clearly poorly. Her dad was due to collect in less than an hour, so I didn't phone him. By the time he showed up, she had perked up considerably, though she hadn't eaten much of her dinner.

When dad collected, I told him about her poorly episode and he told me she vomited last night. When I questioned him about it, he explained that she'd worked herself up into a state because she hates having a bath, so they put it down to that.

Given her behavior this afternoon, the fact that my own daughter has recently had a tummy bug, and the fact that mindee vomited last night...should I have her back tomorrow?

cathtee
12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
No, she has been sick and that is 48 hr exclusion. This is how most of our bugs are caught, parents who just bring lo's and don't mention they have been sick or try and blame it on something else I've had it before blaming something and then the next week sibling went down with it so it was a bug!!

Koala
12-12-2013, 08:19 PM
She was with you today after being sick yesterday - a bit naughty of parents but that's often what happens.
If you were to exclude tomorrow after having her today I'm not sure what you are going to achieve apart from peeing off the parents.

I would see how little one is tomorrow ask parents how she has been overnight - they will probably say ok , you never know they may do the decent thing and keep her at home - but if not, at the first signs of illness phone parents for collection. I don't know what else to suggest.

Good luck. To honest i've heard it all before "he's been sick because he wouldn't put his shoes on" or "I wouldn't let him have something" but he's ok......
All you can do is make your own judgement with the information you have and your judgement of the child.

CookieCutter
12-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I agree, Koala, as I've already had her today, I think it would only serve to irritate the parents if I exclude her tomorrow. It's a newish contract and I like the family, but am worried that they will see this as a sign that I can be pushed around. I understand they don't want to have to take off time from work any more than is needed, but neither do I - at least they still get paid when they call in sick!

I'm trying to think of a way to get my point across without annoying them. I do know kids can make themselves sick when crying too hard, but I also know there is a tummy bug going around and I don't want to take it lightly.