PDA

View Full Version : help understanding rules in northern ireland

ziggy
12-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Minding in Northern Ireland has nothing to do with Ofsted, it is still social services over here. I've had a problem this week with regard to visitors in my home during working hours.

The rule is that 'regular visitors' have to be checked. Now, rightly or wrongly, I class a regular visitor as someone who comes weekly or maybe once a month. Found out today that a neighbour who dropped a toy into me shouldnt have been allowed in. Plumbers etc cant come during working hours either. Estate agent who sorts out problems with my rented house cant call during working hours, which makes life difficult as she finishes earlier than i start and finish.

Whereas my friend who works for local playgroup and has been checked can visit, as can other minders.

Please dont get me wrong, I dont encourage visitors during working hours but this seems quite ridiculous to me.

FussyElmo
12-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Is it Social services who do the checks there? And do they pay for them?

if yes I would be tempted to write a list of your estate agent, plumber, next door neighbours sister in laws cousin 3 times removed amd ask them to check them just in case :)

hectors house
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I would have classed your friend N and the letting agent as regular visitors but other people (neighbour, repair men) are casual visitors but that doesn't mean you don't know them or they haven't been invited - sounds a crazy system!

ziggy
12-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Is it Social services who do the checks there? And do they pay for them?

if yes I would be tempted to write a list of your estate agent, plumber, next door neighbours sister in laws cousin 3 times removed amd ask them to check them just in case :)

they pay and funnily enough this thought occurred to me today, think i'll make a list of all visitors and ask for forms to be sent out:laughing: