PDA

View Full Version : College not paying me!

Miss freckles
12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm paid by a college for their students childrens childcare and I am so annoyed of getting a late payment, and they are my biggest payers!

I was expecting £750 last Thursday so exactly a week ago when I didn't get the payment by Monday I rang to ask why to which of course they said they never received my invoice til the Thursday (5th) but I sent it the 30th nov!!! So it was obviously sitting in another department, I ve asked for an email now so I can invoice by email and post which they weren't too happy on giving me!

I had a day off weds to go Xmas shopping but couldn't go as had no money when I asked if I would be paid Thursday (today) she laughed and said oh no not til fri or the following mon or tues. I'm panicking so much as I still have so many presents to buy.

If the payment doesn't go in by Monday I'm going to ring them and say I'm suspending their students childcare as of now, but obviously I don't really want to do that as it means I'll have less money in January but I've not been paid since 31st October and were in mid December.

Anyone dealt with colleges before I don't really know what to do or say to them if I'm not being paid, what rights do I actually have? :mad:

shellbells39
12-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Had the same problem with one of my parents that college paid for childcare. I waited 6 weeks for payment which I wasn't happy about. It has now been sorted and I receive payment every 4 weeks now. I hope you get it sorted soon :(

Miss freckles
12-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks, I'm on my 6th week now and just before Xmas! :panic:

bernesewalking
12-12-2013, 04:35 PM
I have been very lucky with the collage I work with, they pay a month in advance and on time too.