PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh!!! For goodness sake!

bunnyjess
12-12-2013, 01:55 PM
So LO who's had a cough all week and had a big temp before leaving last night has thrown up everywhere! Dad is on way. LO has now just informed me that he was sick in his bed last night!!!! Grrr! Why can't these people just take their children to the doctors!

bunnyjess
12-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Sorry for the rant

KatieFS
12-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I think parents just assume they are (or hoping) they are going to be ok. Last week similar couple if days child sent to me who was clearly unwell.
It's very unfair - particularly on the poor children who aren't well!

bunnyjess
12-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Yea I feel so sorry for the little one. Dad was ok about 48 hr exclusion. Just hope he takes him to the docs

Tulip
12-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Thats bad, they knew he was ill before they brought him to you :(

bunnyjess
12-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Yea he's been ill all week really. I just don't understand some parents.

natalieatk
14-12-2013, 08:48 AM
One often was in hosp Thursday..chest X-ray really bad cough! Came to me Friday..wheezing! So I ask did the hosp perscribe? Yeh an inhaler..er so where is it?? Really!!! A toddler..with can inhaler but dosent send to me when I do school run and soft play etc!! However if this child had an attack and no inhaler is be in serious trouble!!

Daisy1956
14-12-2013, 04:34 PM
I had a child with a terrible cough his parents eventually took him to doctors who gave him an inhaler. When he came to me I asked them to sign a permission form, we are not using it he doen't like it was their reply. Is it just me or are all parents like this.

watford wizz
14-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Surely this breaches your health and safety risk assessing and policy and not allow you to let them use your services!!! Can't believe this, poor LO hope you can get this sorted x

watford wizz
14-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Perhaps we need to take a more serious look at the "for a laugh" breathing policy recently posted on here!! X

lizduncan72
14-12-2013, 07:06 PM
I had a child with a terrible cough his parents eventually took him to doctors who gave him an inhaler. When he came to me I asked them to sign a permission form, we are not using it he doen't like it was their reply. Is it just me or are all parents like this.

Tough luck if he doesn't like it, if he needs it he has to get it!! My DD (22 months) needs an inhaler when she gets a chest infection, which is a lot!!, and she has times when she struggles against it but she still gets it, at least if she's screaming while taking it I know she's breathing some of it in!!!

bunnyjess
14-12-2013, 10:36 PM
I really don't understand some people. It's crazy that a child who is obviously in need of a prescribed inhaler isn't given one by their parents because 'they don't like it'. I just hope they took the LO I have to the docs on Friday. Though I've got a bad feeling that they probably didn't.