PDA

View Full Version : Strepsils

JCrakers
12-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I have a mindee here today who isn't 4 until the end of January. She keeps asking me for a strepsil out of her bag and I keep saying no because Dad hasn't mentioned anything to me about any strepsils. :rolleyes:

So, I look in her bag and find a strip of 3. I haven't got the packet so I looked on the internet and it says adults and children over 12yrs. Has anyone got a packet at hand as I'm pretty sure a 47m old shouldn't be having these anyway??!?

skyblue
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM
I have some Beechams lozenges(pretty much same as strepsils) and they are not suitable for children under the age of 7.

shortstuff
12-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Personally I would be too worried about the lo choking let alone the chemicals that are in it x

fionamal
12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
If its Strepsils then its age 12+. If its Tesco own theirs are age 7+ and don't know about any other ones.

I certainly wouldn't be giving them to LOs

Koala
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
OMG - never mind the mediaction side - these are super choking hazards - I would never give a child a hard object to put in their mouth to suck on which is the perfect size to get stuck in throat if swallowed!!!! cor blimey I cut grapes up in quarters :panic: :panic: :panic: don't give her any.

JCrakers
12-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks, I was pretty sure its over 12's. I texted Dad this morning and told him and said she shouldn't be having them and I definitely wouldn't be giving her one.

They are so slippy once wet and there's a high chance of choking. I'll be telling him again when he picks up. :rolleyes:

Its about as ludicrous as my 2.5yr old mindee having a whole grape to suck on because she found it soothing. The most frightening thing was she arrived with one in her mouth one day and I didn't know until we arrived at toddler group aver 40mins later and I wondered why she wasn't saying much. I cant believe parents sometimes. I was shocked to say the least, Mum thought it was fine.
She'd been sucking on it in the car before she was dropped off.....I shudder to think what could have happened.