PDA

View Full Version : Best Educational TV programmes for Afterschoolers

Sweetpea
11-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Hello

I'm sick of my after schoolers wanting to watch rubbish on the TV.

I'd like to give them a compromise.

Can anyone suggest any tv programmes that they would learn something useful from

They don't want to watch cbeebies.

Thanks

tori4
11-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi do u have sky or free view type thing?

I have locked all the America channels as I was fed up of the American slang. Also some of the British channels too as they are just so loud n flashing lights

However I do like tinypop and pop my DSs watch finding things out and something detectives they r American but not too in ur face and informative

Lo's watch one episode of either
Curious George
Mickey Mouse club house or
The French girl that travels ( sorry can't remember her name)

I think these all seem informative and have some involvement they are also quiet which if they r on during chill out time makes sense.

I try n limit tv time but must try harder however I'm a tv soap addict myself and love to snuggle up with Christmas film.

tulip0803
11-12-2013, 05:08 PM
My daughter has just turned 10 and at the moment she like Horrible Histories - History made funny and fun:). Hero Squad - group of children working with the emergency services and then "rescuing" someone. Any of the Deadly .. series Deadly 60, deadly art etc about animals. Operation Ouch about health and accidents etc. All on CBBC not sure when they are on but maybe if you are able to record them or watch them on iplayer?

Sweetpea
11-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Yes I intend to record them :)