PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

CookieCutter
11-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone, I'm after some opinions on a very non-important matter if you have time.

Yesterday morning, mindee was dropped off at 7:30, and a few minutes later, I took her with me into my little girl's bedroom to wake her up. My poor daughter had vomited all over her bed, crawled around to find a dry spot for her head, and fallen back to sleep. Obviously I had to phone mindee's dad to arrange collection. As luck turned out, my backup cm (and friend) had space for mindee and lives a few doors down, so mindee's dad asked me to take her there. My lo was a bit cuddly and low on energy for the morning, but by lunch time, was eating a normal amount and acting 100%. When mindee's dad collected her from my friend, he rang me to see how my lo was feeling and asked if mindee could come back tomorrow (today), so I explained about the 48 hour rule. So today, mindee is at my friend's again, and I'm sat here with my lo who is completely herself and full of energy (there is a tummy bug going around here and most of the kiddies who had it were only sick once).

My question is, should we stay home? I know I couldn't have had mindee back today as I have to stick to the 48 hour rule, if for no other reason than to make sure her parents know they have to stick to it when she vomits at some point in future, but my lo is fine and her birthday is tomorrow and there is a lot we could be doing. I know she's fine to go out, I'm just thinking work wise...I've essentially phoned in sick...what would you do?

bunnyjess
11-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I'd be paranoid about the parent or someone seeing me and getting funny as I see it as sort of phoning in sick too. It's entirely up to you though

CookieCutter
11-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks bunnyjess, that's exactly how I feel...but I was hoping someone would tell me to go for it! We've decided to stay in and make a practice birthday cake instead. Good thing, too, because this new cake recipe I got from Pinterest was a disaster!

Koala
11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
I would do as I pleased, other parents would. The world doesn't stop so I would say go for it, the fresh air will do your lo good.

I am sure anyone with a brain cell will completely understand. Your not working, you can't so PLAY!!! :thumbsup:

Mummits
11-12-2013, 07:20 PM
If it was better weather I would probably go out for a walk, but with it being so cold I can't imagine it would be a lot of fun for long, and it wouldn't really be fair to go anywhere indoors where she would be in contact with other people, so what you could do would be pretty limited. I'd have a snuggle up with videos day!

Bluebell
11-12-2013, 07:36 PM
not a lot of good now but I would have said go to beach for a blast of fresh air - just half an hour or something and back home for a quiet afternoon - not likely working parent would be on beach / park or wherever.