PDA

View Full Version : what would you do? i feel guilty :(

playdayz
10-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I look after a little boy who's mum is becoming a child minder hoping to start in march, I have had an enquiry today for three children starting asap, but to take them on I would need to give notice for this little boy, I know he will be leaving soon anyway an don't want to say no to the three children as I may not get another enquiry for a long time, I would have to give notice to the little boy as his school is not in my area and I already pick up two boys from school where these other three children attend it would make life easier in more ways than one! Not just money, plus I should have this boy mon- Fri an some weeks I am even lucky to have him for 30 min on a Thursday an 9 times out of 10 mum is waiting for me when I get back from school run! I just feel so guilty even tho I know he will be leaving anyway x

bunnyjess
11-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Don't feel guilty. You have to think about yourself and your business. If he is leaving anyway I'd go for it

Koala
11-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Yep, you can't pay your bills with guilt, I am sure mum will understand, if not, she soon will when she starts minding. :thumbsup:

hectors house
11-12-2013, 07:40 AM
I think that even if this child wasn't leaving that you would have to think seriously about the new enquiry for 3 children, it sounds like he is using a whole space but you aren't getting much out of it. Is there a holiday club he could attend for a few months until his mum is registered?

Chatterbox Childcare
11-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Change the contract with boy A so that mum meets you at the school at school finishing time. That way you can hand over and collect the 3 - if mum is late that is unfortunate and you will have to wait for her but that way you are not letting anyone down short term

playdayz
11-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks ladies, think it harder cos iv never given notice in the three years I have been minding still have all the children I started with.
Just worried what she will think would u tell her about the other enquiry? I dont need to give notice to make space, its loads of different reasons ie his school, all other children attend say school an I dont drive have to get the bus an will need a double pram an bus company now have signs on the new gas buses cos they r smaller that double prams must be folded!!!!! It will just be so stressful an a mad rush!!!