PDA

View Full Version : awkward! !!!

yummyripples
10-12-2013, 09:35 PM
I have been approached by someone who my friend minds for. She has asked if I would consider taking her little one on as she likes the fact that I take my children out and about daily and my friend doesn't.
My friend doesn't drive so it is harder for her to get about.
If course I said I wouldn't do it as it would cause problems between me and my friend but now I feel awkward around this woman. I see her at playgroup and the children's centre.
Just wanted to tell someone as obviously can't tell anyone I know!

Mrs Scrubbit
10-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't have done it either, not too sure why your friend can't get out and about, is pulic transport not very good or lives in an isolated place? I don't drive either but we are out every morning come rain or shine xx

Koala
10-12-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd tell my childminder friend, i'm afraid the parent has put you in this awkward situation and it's not fair. Give your mate the heads up that she may lose lo if she doesn't get out and about :thumbsup: I don't think you have any obligation or loyalty to the inquiring parent at all, your not breaking any rules by telling your minder friend, in fact i'd be p'eed off if you hadn't told me. :thumbsup: but it's up to you.

yummyripples
10-12-2013, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't have done it either, not too sure why your friend can't get out and about, is pulic transport not very good or lives in an isolated place? I don't drive either but we are out every morning come rain or shine xx

She goes to the park and playgroup which she tells people when they come to see her.
She struggles to get the double buggy on the bus so that's a no no as if there is no room they could be waiting at a bus stop for ages.

greanan
10-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Similar happened to me recently - I told my friend an she managed to sort things out with her mindees mum.

yummyripples
10-12-2013, 10:46 PM
I'd tell my childminder friend, i'm afraid the parent has put you in this awkward situation and it's not fair. Give your mate the heads up that she may lose lo if she doesn't get out and about :thumbsup: I don't think you have any obligation or loyalty to the inquiring parent at all, your not breaking any rules by telling your minder friend, in fact i'd be p'eed off if you hadn't told me. :thumbsup: but it's up to you.

I don't really want to cause friction as they have to get along for the sake of the child. I don't think that the mum would look elsewhere because the little one is settled with my friend. She would send little one to me because the little one knows me through playgroup x