PDA

View Full Version : Forgotton child

natalieatk
10-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Iv started a new child one of the parents I speak to at school..only for 1 day a week for 2 hrs as and when..last week he never came cos of bad wind up here and this week I changed his day to Tuesday as I was full Thursday... And today I completely forgot and never collected him..he's in the same class as my daughter!! I still didn't even remember...his mam phoned as the school had rang her..she was fine about it said we got our wires mixed up and it was ok...however I feel awful...has anyone ever done this...cN you ever get over it!! His mam has assured me he's ok and so is she..but I'm not! Could cry !

yummyripples
10-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Yep did it last week !!!!

As soon as I realised I phoned mum who phoned school. No harm was done but I was nearly in tears. How stupid of me to forget.

Mum was brilliant about it and lo thought it was funny

Koala
10-12-2013, 04:30 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I know I shouldn't laugh but it is funny!

At least it wasn't your own baby - My mother in law took her first born for a walk to the shops in pram, left pram outside and tied her dog to a post (a long time ago when folk did that) did her shopping went outside and untied dog and walked home with shopping, got home and remembered baby!!! :panic: went back to shops - baby still there, happy, non the wiser - no harm done. :laughing:

:laughing: it's a classic, don't worry but you'll never live it down, not if you were in our house anyway. Don't beet yourself up, it could happen to anyone. I once had a mother come to pick her son up, I :censored: myself because he wasn't here and then realized at the same time she did - it wasn't his day. For a split second though - I thought I had lost one! It's the job it drives us crackers. :D

natalieatk
10-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Glad it's not just me...can't get over it! Totally mixed up with my days She threw me off this morning in passing said he wasn't pleased about coming as wanted to go straight home..he does love it here so I'm not worried about that! I hope I haven't done any harm to him by forgetting him and him being their alone!! It was only 10 minutes obv his mam was called and picked him straight up!! I just can't believe it !! I think he will still be coming his 1 day a week..she dosent completely hate me..unless he does!! Iv always had nightmares over this!! Forgetting a child!!

natalieatk
10-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Thankfully his mam laughed it off...he's coming again Thursday!! Think this will only happen once I'm going to be paranoid!!!! Xxx

yummyripples
10-12-2013, 05:25 PM
At least it wasn't your own baby :D[/QUOTE]

I would have preferred it to be my own tbh ! Lol

munch149
10-12-2013, 05:29 PM
My dads done it a couple of times. He thought my older sister had gone with my auntie but she hadn't so left her at bowling

My lil sister was in baby car seat in trolley and he pushed her into all the other trolleys collected his pound and went back to the car only to realise his mistake

Koala
10-12-2013, 05:41 PM
My dads done it a couple of times. He thought my older sister had gone with my auntie but she hadn't so left her at bowling

My lil sister was in baby car seat in trolley and he pushed her into all the other trolleys collected his pound and went back to the car only to realise his mistake

oooohh :) baby cages!! :)

cupcakencookie
10-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I've done it once too:blush::blush::blush: Ad hoc child should've been with me most mornings and after school that week and week before. Hadn't turned up and no phone call from Mum (not unusual for her - only pays for time used too so very annoying but that's for another thread!). For first time ever I had no children to collect at home time Thurs of the next week as DD was in after school club and no other mindees so thought I'd surprise her and pick her up at 4 when she finished (usually has to make her own way home if I've other children to collect at home time). Despite not using me for nearly 2 weeks and no word from her in meantime, Mum dropped off child following morning and told me child had been left at school and was very upset about it...
Felt dreadful about it for ages after but at same time a quick text or phone call from Mum wouldn't have hurt - have often refused other children for this child only for Mum to change her mind and also been to collect before but not been needed. Not really worth the money and hassle but child is a little sweetie and has had a very hard start to life and needs the stability...:(

stardust
10-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Glad to see its not just me I too have done this. I still feel guilty now about it and it was several months ago. If the parents are okay with it then don't beat yourself up too much. xx

KatieFS
10-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Well myself and my husband forgot our new baby in home base car park. Whoops!
Remembered a few minutes later but felt terrible about it for a long time!

k1rstie
10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
If you have lots of part timers who all slot in around each other, it is very easy to loose one in your brain!

playdayz
10-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Guilty of that too! :) at least they where in school safe an ya never left them in a park in somethin lol x

rickysmiths
11-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Be very careful because a local cm did this and the parents said they were alright about it and then complained to Ofsted.

I would write a full incident report and record what happened exactly and that the parent was happy at the outcome and then get the parent to sign it. Make it clear on the document that you have given the parent a copy of it.

You are then clear that the situation has been fully discussed with the parent.

I write any changed days or times in my attendance register in front of the parent when they tell me so there can be no mistake.