PDA

View Full Version : Childminding in a new build home?

louised
10-12-2013, 03:45 PM
We currently live in a new build home and I've been childminding for 6 years, we have just part exed for another new build which will be ready in a few months. Whilst reading the documents from our solicitor I have noticed a clause in the deeds which states that you cannot run a business from the property, on checking the deeds for our current house the same clause is mentioned. Does this mean I shouldn't be child minding? I've asked a couple of childminder friends who also live in new builds and their deeds contain the same clause. I'm starting to worry as I don't want to get any complaints off my new neighbours, what would happen if they complained, would I have to close my business?

Tazmin68
10-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I had a similar deed but I then bought the freehold and it no longer applied once I had bought the freehold. It only came to light when I first became registered I don't think that if I moved again it would be picked up upon. It could only be an issue with neighbours like you said. Once you have been running a business for 10 years I don't think anyone can really argue as history would confirm no problems.

louised
11-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Both properties are freehold tazmin, I think its the leasehold you have bought. Anyone else? There most be loads of childminders who live in new builds

QualityCare
11-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't think childminding is classed as running a business in the sense of generating a lot of traffic all day, needing council permission etc as a major company would, check with your solicitor and mortgage company to be on the safe side.