PDA

View Full Version : quick diarrhoea question

jaykay79
10-12-2013, 09:06 AM
mindees mum has just dropped lo off and warned me he's had some very loose poo's the last couple of days so i should be warned it's not going to be pretty basically (had some major ones with nanna yesterday), i then said i can't have lo if he's had diarrhoea to which she was surprised (it is in sickness policy). the predictable backpeddling than began about well it wasn't thaaat bad etc, so i have said we will see how we go (he is otherwise well). normally after 2 very loose diarrhoea style poo's i would send home but based on the fact she's already pre-warned me about this, am i justified in sending home after just one loose poo? sort of wishing i'd turned him away straight away :/ x

Koala
10-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Yep, Tell her you confirm it is plopsy's and bye bye baby.

Kiddleywinks
10-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Yep, Tell her you confirm it is plopsy's and bye bye baby.

:laughing:
What a lovely, non upsetting friendly way of telling mum, think I'll be pinching that :thumbsup:

KatieFS
10-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Yes I'd see how lo goes. If there is one iffy nappy i think best they are at home

hectors house
10-12-2013, 01:31 PM
I would take into account the general health of the child, sometimes if they have a bad cold or cough and have been taking lots of calpol and cough medicine, plus swallowing lots of snot & gunk, plus not eating properly it can make their bowels looser, it doesn't mean they have a tummy bug.

bunyip
10-12-2013, 02:53 PM
If it's diarrhea they go home.

We are not medically competent to diagnose the cause.

Even if we were, that's irrelevant cos we're simply not permitted to keep them on the premises even if we did know the cause. End of.