PDA

View Full Version : ratios

Boo_Bear
09-12-2013, 01:50 PM
This has probably been covered lots of times. But ive had a call from a parent who needs care in jan. I have told her I am not sure I will need to work numbers out and let her know. Well these are my current numbers

My own is 1yr

Mindee A is 15months(mornings all year)

Mindee B is 3yrs (am only as nursery in afternoon and full time holidays)

Mindee C is 6yrs old (full day in holidays)

Mindee D is 7yrs (before and after school, full time in holidays)

Mindee E is 9yrs old (before and after schook, full time in holidays)

Mindee F is 9yrs special needs (before and after school only).

She wants mon to fri 9 till 3pm with a 2yr old.

Can I fit them in or am I over numbers as the 9yr old do I coukd in numbers for ofsted or not its too confusing.

Thanks

ajc
09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi, my understanding is that you can only have four early years children if they are siblings or if you have a baby and you already look after three, you cannot have four from new business.

Stapleton83
09-12-2013, 02:05 PM
If all she wanted was afternoons, so after mindee A had gone home then the answer would be yes if not then no as it is new business. You can have four so long as you don't exceed the total 6 if you are providing continuity of care but you wouldn't be.

Sorry

Sam x

sing-low
09-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Just to clarify, where are you as I believe ratio rules are different, depending on where you live?

tulip0803
09-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately you cannot take the child on as you have 3 children in EY during the morning. For enquiries you have one EY space available for afternoons only, no spaces available in the morning.

AM - own child, 15 Mth, 3 yo

PM - own child, 3 yo in holidays so space taken, SPACE AVAIL

The 9 year olds do not count in your OFSTED numbers, any child 8 years or over is not counted in your OFSTED ratio.

You cannot increase ratios for new business, you can only increase for continuity of care (eg Birth of your own baby, or sibling of mindee) You cant go over 6 children under 8 years. There may also be planning restrictions that prevent you caring for more than 6 children of any age (I have this in my area).

christine e
10-12-2013, 07:05 AM
If all she wanted was afternoons, so after mindee A had gone home then the answer would be yes if not then no as it is new business. You can have four so long as you don't exceed the total 6 if you are providing continuity of care but you wouldn't be.

Sorry

Sam x

but the afternoons are required in the holidays so unless the new enquiry was term time only then it is still a NO

tulip0803
10-12-2013, 08:44 AM
but the afternoons are required in the holidays so unless the new enquiry was term time only then it is still a NO

She has a 15month old (mindee A) in the mornings as well as the 3 year old (mindee B) that only comes for the mornings. So she could use the afternoon after the 15 month old has gone but not the space of the 3 year old.

christine e
10-12-2013, 12:13 PM
She has a 15month old (mindee A) in the mornings as well as the 3 year old (mindee B) that only comes for the mornings. So she could use the afternoon after the 15 month old has gone but not the space of the 3 year old.

Ooops sorry hadn't read it properly :blush:

Boo_Bear
18-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Thank you. I said no to the new work as it would take me over and be hard work with all of them off school and nursery.
Thanks again xxx