PDA

View Full Version : My first family have given notice :(

Shamai
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Well after two years of looking after two siblings who were 11 months and 3 years when they first came to me, Mum has given me notice. She has cited unreasonable behaviour of her ex - the children's Dad - as her reason for giving me notice. The Dad has been abusive and threatening to me and I've felt so intimidated by his actions on more than one occasion that I've threatened to call the police. I have however refused to give in to his bullying ways as my sole intention was to give the children some stability and I'm now left feeling deflated and sooo upset that they are being taken out of my care. A few people have said good riddance as I've had nothing but trouble with the family but I've grown so close to these kids - they have become an extended part of my family. Luckily the children are very happy-go-lucky and adapt easily to new situations but I just worry they won't get the cuddles and security they received when they came to me. No point to this post really, just licking my wounds I spose! x

SYLVIA
09-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Oh poor you. There isn't much you can do but know that you gave the children care and love while you had the chance.We do grow very attached to children in our care, I know I have. In the past children have left me to go to cheaper childcare alternatives and i sometimes feel guilty having fun with the ones here knowing that they are not with us.

smurfette
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
It sucks Hun doesn't it? Still at least you won't have to deal with dad that will probably make your life easier. We do miss them such a lot, I have one leaving after Christmas he is a little pet and I will miss him terribly

Stapleton83
09-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately it is one of the downsides to this job, chin up at least you won't have to deal with dad.

Sam x

mrs robbie williams
09-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Agree I've got one leaving in couple weeks, did one of those vista print calendars as leaving present and it came today, was bit choked when I looked through it :( got her Lj to sort through tonight which is huge as had her from 8m and she's now 3, I'm sure parents dont realise how attached we get but then I guess I've served my purpose and she's off to pre school xx

hectors house
09-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Well after two years of looking after two siblings who were 11 months and 3 years when they first came to me, Mum has given me notice. She has cited unreasonable behaviour of her ex - the children's Dad - as her reason for giving me notice. The Dad has been abusive and threatening to me and I've felt so intimidated by his actions on more than one occasion that I've threatened to call the police. I have however refused to give in to his bullying ways as my sole intention was to give the children some stability and I'm now left feeling deflated and sooo upset that they are being taken out of my care. A few people have said good riddance as I've had nothing but trouble with the family but I've grown so close to these kids - they have become an extended part of my family. Luckily the children are very happy-go-lucky and adapt easily to new situations but I just worry they won't get the cuddles and security they received when they came to me. No point to this post really, just licking my wounds I spose! x

Is there are any point in trying to get the mum to change her mind as you feel that you are a stable influence in these childrens lifes or are you secretly relieved that you don't have to deal with the abusive father?

kellyskidz!
09-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Is there are any point in trying to get the mum to change her mind as you feel that you are a stable influence in these childrens lifes or are you secretly relieved that you don't have to deal with the abusive father?

I thought the same, maybe Mum is feeling protective of you and thinks you may want her to leave when it's not the case. It's such a shame for you, especially as you're close to the kids xx

Shamai
09-12-2013, 07:07 PM
I thought the same, maybe Mum is feeling protective of you and thinks you may want her to leave when it's not the case. It's such a shame for you, especially as you're close to the kids xx

I'm not sure Mum's motives are purely for my welfare as I've found out the letter of notice I received is being used as evidence in a further court case against the Dad. He has been nasty but Ive put up with it and just done my job. She has already booked youngest into nursery and eldest into before and after school club. Heartbreaking and insulting at the same time. x