PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! NO SHOW AGAIN!

clairer
06-12-2013, 09:41 AM
Does anyone else experience a lot of no shows from parents who arrange to visit? It's driving me nuts.

a lot of effort to tidy, get all the paperwork out, I even made the effort to get my current parents to do references so that they were recent. I probably spent a couple of hours yesterday printing a welcome pack too. This morning I didn't wave my daughter off on her school trip as I had to rush back for a parent coming at 9am. After fifteen minutes of waiting I turned on my computer to see that she had emailed and said she was going with a child minder who she saw yesterday and she had lost my phone number. This happens such a lot. If you are not the first in the queue you lose the job.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!Getting frustrated.

KatieFS
06-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes afraid so. It's just rude!

I've had this happen a few times, so now I text that morning - eve before to confirm date and time of visit. So far that has worked, either they tell me then they can't make it or yes they can and turn up!

clairer
06-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I asked for her number by email and she didn't reply so had a feeling it was going to be a no show. Looking on the bright side my house is tidy:laughing::laughing::laughing:

KatieFS
06-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Sounds good! Can you come and do mine next!?!

clareelizabeth1
06-12-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm always great flu when they can be bothered to tell me there not coming most don't bother.