PDA

View Full Version : Policies

Sarahj2012
05-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Hi, I have a Safe & clean toy policy and a Accidents/Incidents/Emergencies policy so do I still need to have a health and safety one as well. Thank you for any help Sarah

Simona
06-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Hi, I have a Safe & clean toy policy and a Accidents/Incidents/Emergencies policy so do I still need to have a health and safety one as well. Thank you for any help Sarah

It is important to have a Health and Safety policy but not necessary to have a 'safe and clean' one...you could include how you keep resources clean in the H&S policy ...so avoiding duplication

Accidents, incidents and emergencies link to your H&S policy and are also EYFS Welfare Requirements

Sarahj2012
06-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Simona, thank you for your reply I have now done a H & S policy and incorporated the safe and clean toy policy within it and have kept my accident, emergency incident policy. How are you with permission slips ? I'm unsure which permission slips I need to have.

KatieFS
06-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Your la might have a list of standard templates you could use..?
I have permissions for outings, use of and taking photographs, first aid, trampoline..

Simona
06-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi Simona, thank you for your reply I have now done a H & S policy and incorporated the safe and clean toy policy within it and have kept my accident, emergency incident policy. How are you with permission slips ? I'm unsure which permission slips I need to have.

I do not have permission 'slips' but my contract includes a page for 'consent', this lists all the things they give me authority to do such as:
routine outings/planned outings
Use of outdoor equipment in parks or when visiting other CMs
use of car/public transport
emergency treatment including taking to hospital and having x rays
use of plasters
use of sun lotion
photographs in the settings and on outing
Observations for EYFS
progress Check at 2 (sharing info with other professionals as recommended in the NCB publication)
Administration of medicine

As we are all different I may not have the same as others ...maybe others could share what they ask consent for
Hope this helps

Sarahj2012
06-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Thank you ladies, I will start on them now. x