PDA

View Full Version : That'll teach me

Jinx
18-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Whoops.

Made the mistake of letting my 17mth old mindee have his beaker of milk in the playroom!
He had his back to me and I thought he was playing with the stacking cups......uh NO!! He was filling them with his milk!!!!

So much for leak proof beakers. My carpet is now soaked. :panic:

That'll teach me...I was only having my morning catch up session on the forum.

Does anyone else have problems with so called leak proof cups? This little lad seems to come with a new one most weeks!

Jinx x

Pipsqueak
18-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Bicarb of Soda. I keep tubs of the stuff for moments just like that!!!:panic:

And there is no such thing as a leak proof beaker in my experience! :D

miffy
18-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh yuk - hope you get it all out of the carpet!

I bought an avent leak proof cup which has been OK so far

Miffy xx

fionamal
18-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I dont think Ive ever found one that doesnt leak.

Pudding Girl
18-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I have beakers from Asda that don't leak ;) not sure what they are called I'll take a piccie lol!

well one did once, blackcurrant all over my new sofa! but it came out phew, and that was only as I hadn't clicked the lid down properly!
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/812/006au0.th.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=006au0.jpg)

sue m
18-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Me neither and milk stinks horribly doesn't it. Thanks for the tip with the bi-carb. Didn't know that one. You'd think after being a 'housewife' and mother for 37 years I'd have picked that one up somewhere along the line!!! My little one kept spilling her drink yesterday all over my pale green and cream rug!!!! It is filthy now anyway so some more spots of juice won't matter too much. Need to get it cleaned soon though.

Sue x

elizabeth
18-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't know if its any help but i use a solution of warm water and white vinegar to neutralize the gone off milk smell, also works on (sorry) sick. ( oh the pleasures of being a childminder) :rolleyes:

miss muffit
18-07-2008, 10:04 AM
The little tinker! :)

katickles
18-07-2008, 10:31 AM
We have the avent ones, but mindee's from home always leaks :rolleyes:

Jinx
18-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks all.

I'm going to have a NO milk policy in the playroom now!
Mindees only have milk OR water and water spills I can cope with. :thumbsup:

I'll have a look out for those beakers in Asda, thanks George. :thumbsup:

Mindee is asleep and little E is late again so I am going to hunt out the bicarb and start scrubbing. Thanks for the tip Pip

Jinx x