PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

charlottenash
04-12-2013, 07:50 PM
After 5 years of co sleeping my DS is now in his own bed, the bit I'm finding the hardest is getting him to fall asleep on his own. As it is I have to sit in the room and it takes a good hour for him to fall asleep it is driving me NUTS. Any tips?

clareelizabeth1
04-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I have been teaching my DS to fall asleep by himself. He is younger but I did a bit like your doing sitting by the bed then next night I moved further away. I didn't leave till he was totally asleep. Then I was outside the door did a few nights there just so he was reassured I would always be there if needed. Now bed time takes seconds. We walk to his bed I lift him in. Pull on duvet give a kiss and walk out. I make a point of bedrooms being for sleeping and do bedtime stories 30 mins before bed.

charlottenash
04-12-2013, 10:25 PM
His bedroom has toys and a desk so it's not always for sleeping. I've heard of the pulling away method, may have to try it.

jackie 7
04-12-2013, 11:13 PM
it does work. i did it with a boy i nannied. it was ok until the cleaning lady put him to bed,

FloraDora
04-12-2013, 11:25 PM
it does work. i did it with a boy i nannied. it was ok until the cleaning lady put him to bed,

?????? Do tell us more!!! ...............