PDA

View Full Version : Am i right in sending this baby home?

Samijanec
04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
I guys, I look after a baby that was one on Saturday, she's arrived this morning and mum said she wasn't well and had a cold. I asked if she was unwell with the cold and mum said no, I brought her inside and she was just so miserable and felt really warm, I removed her top to take her temp and noticed she was covered front and back I.in a very red blotchy rash, she is really groggy as well and her nose is totally blocked, she's coughing and just sounds so rough bless her. I called mum who said its fine it's just because of the water? I explained that because she is so unwell I can't take the risk, mum doesn't seem happy but I'm not sure what else to do, she really doesn't seem well!! 8031 8032 Hope I've attached the pics ok...

Samijanec
04-12-2013, 09:16 AM
The pics don't really show just how red and blotchy she really is..

loocyloo
04-12-2013, 09:29 AM
My dd gets viral rashes with colds. She looks very red and blotchy or even like a big nettle rash. But there is nothing you can do except treat as a cold.
If LO really isn't up for playing and joining in and you have a day planned that you can't modify then I would send home but I try to keep them ... I've currently got 3 sitting having a snack...One breathing through her mouth as bunged up, one coughing and the 3rd looks and smells coldy and is snotty! We're having a quieter day and a big rest after lunch! I'm using industrial quantities of anti bac gel on my hands!

smurfette
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Could just be a viral rash with her cold but wouldn't be happy if she is that miserable and groggy., is mum coming?

hectors house
04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
I have got a houseful of poorly children and the mums say to ring them if they get worse but when they are here and have a distraction of other children to play with they forget their coughs and colds and just get on with it, when they go home they go back to being clingy and tearful - I said to one mum this morning that if the children are just lying on the sofa and tearful here then I know that they really do feel rough and need to go home - I think it sounds like you made the right decision for your little one and I would have probably sent her home too (with or without the rash)!

Samijanec
04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
My son gets viral rashes but to me that's not what it looks like, she is really lethargic and just crying constantly as well! :(

Samijanec
04-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Could just be a viral rash with her cold but wouldn't be happy if she is that miserable and groggy., is mum coming?mums sending a friend to collect her, I think she knew exactly how poorly she is, poor wee thing is really not well.

Samijanec
09-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Quick update, mum was not happy about me sending baby home and hasn't brought her back, I have sent texts but get no reply and I tried to call but I just get a disconnected tone....

Why can't some parents see that a poorly baby needs it's mummy not a childminder..

smurfette
09-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Quick update, mum was not happy about me sending baby home and hasn't brought her back, I have sent texts but get no reply and I tried to call but I just get a disconnected tone.... Why can't some parents see that a poorly baby needs it's mummy not a childminder..

Better off without her Hun if she won't abide by your rules, someone who appreciates you will come along soon xx

charlottenash
09-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Sounds like she's temporarily blocked your number. Very pathetic, she should appreciate you have little ones best interests at heart!

shortstuff
09-12-2013, 12:53 PM
sounds like mums conscience is getting the better of her x see what happens over the next couple of days and also check if you have a paragraph in your contract about no contact from them within x days means the contract is terminated.

KatieFS
09-12-2013, 04:17 PM
See my other thread about baby with tonsillitis. I feel for you, your parents behaviour is very unprofessional. Hope you get it sorted x

Tazmin68
09-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Sometimes parents just do not want to listen.

I had a 16 month old arrive at 7.30 on Friday dad said had a temperature in the night , not slept well and was just his teeth. He cried constantly from 10am, refused any form of food. At 1.30 I had enough sent messages to both parents saying was not well, refusing food and crying. Received a text from dad saying give calpol and text again if no improvement would try to leave work early. Spat calpol out refused it. Finally got text from mom that she could meet me when I was doing school run at 3pm. Cried when mom tried to out him in car seat and said that she was going to try and get him in at doctors. Today child did not arrive I ended up sending a text saying that I could not wait any longer for child as the school children would get late mark. Got a text at 9.30 saying that dad was off work today and spending day at home and that LO has an ear infection in both ears.

So I was right in the first place their child was unwell.

Samijanec
10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Better off without her Hun if she won't abide by your rules, someone who appreciates you will come along soon xx

I know, I'd given notice anyway and her last day was supposed to be the 19th as she basically cried for ten hours a day anyway and I just couldn't cope with it any more. My own son was getting upset, my hubby didn't want to come home from work and the other mindees were getting distressed.

I should have received payment today but as I suspected ...nothing!!! I've sent her an email along with an invoice, next step is to chase for the money.

On the plus side, just had a lovely family in wanting the place from mid Jan.. :)

smurfette
10-12-2013, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE="Samijanec;1326529"] I know, I'd given notice anyway and her last day was supposed to be the 19th as she basically cried for ten hours a day anyway and I just couldn't cope with it any more. My own son was getting upset, my hubby didn't want to come home from work and the other mindees were getting distressed. I should have received payment today but as I suspected ...nothing!!! I've sent her an email along with an invoice, next step is to chase for the money. On the plus side, just had a lovely family in wanting the place from mid Jan.. :)[/QUOTE

Oh that's fab news! Keep chasing your money xx