PDA

View Full Version : Retainer fees for children who don't come in hols

miffy
06-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I have several children who don't come in the school holidays, who I charge a (small) retainer but if I take time off during the shool holidays I don't charge the retainer.

Am just about to renew contracts and thought I'd see what the rest of you do - if i'm already charging a much reduced rate in the hols should I charge it all the time even if I'm on holiday?

Parents who come throughout the year have to pay in full for their holidays and also two weeks paid holiday for me so am just trying to balance things up a bit iyswim

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
06-01-2008, 11:23 AM
if its a term time only contract i charge 50% retainer fees to keep the placefor the in school hols xxxx

all parents pay full fees for their holidays and sickness but i do not charge for mine iyswim

xxx

miffy
06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks Susan _ that's a great help

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
sorry for spelling and grammar errors still not got used to laptop keys and keep missing spacs etc .... lol

manjay
06-01-2008, 11:41 AM
if its a term time only contract i charge 50% retainer fees to keep the placefor the in school hols xxxx

xxx

Do you do this for after schoolers Susan? Just curious as the boys I have at the moment are term time only and we have agreed 50% retainer for the hols. However I don't really want to keep their space available for the two hours they usually come through the hols as this may stop me from having another child. Does that make sense? How does everyone else deal with this

amanda xx

mrsbumbles
06-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I dont charge a retainer for after school places as i am able to fill those vacancies as holiday care spaces and therefore the after schhol spaces arnt available during this time.Does this make sense? Suppose it depends what the demand for minders is like in your area, i am lucky enough to have lots of business at the moment to be able to work like this and not be out of pocket.

manjay
06-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I dont charge a retainer for after school places as i am able to fill those vacancies as holiday care spaces and therefore the after schhol spaces arnt available during this time.Does this make sense? Suppose it depends what the demand for minders is like in your area, i am lucky enough to have lots of business at the moment to be able to work like this and not be out of pocket.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking I will do in the future. TBH it is not a great deal of money so I think i would prefer to lose that than keep a space available for 2 hours a day.

amanda xx

mrsbumbles
06-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes and also we dont have to be in all day waiting for children to arrive at 3.15pm if they so wish, we can go out on day trips etc. I make it clear that space term time is term time ONLY.

angeldelight
06-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I do not charge a fee for children who do not come in the holidays ( the term children ) I have always had children who come just holidays so they fill my spaces easy so I would feel a bit mean charging when I am working anyway and filling the spaces if you know what I mean

Angel xx

miffy
06-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your help

Miffy x

Trouble
06-01-2008, 08:02 PM
i charge 1/2 fees in the hols if they are term time but you find they send their children anyway

Blaze
06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
I do the same as Susan...50% retainer...I also charge this for older children as there is not a demand for holiday care in my area...however iI make it VERY clear that I ask parents to inform me if the place will not be needed during the holdays...that way if I AM approached for holiday care I fill the space & refund the retainer...I send out a form a few weeks before term ends & parents sign...that way everyone's a winner!
Tasha:)

miffy
06-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I like that idea Tasha - thanks for your help

Miffy x

Blaze
06-01-2008, 09:02 PM
No problem!

charleyfarley
06-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Right I charge half fee for the full timer during holidays.

Full fee for before and after school in holidays , parent insisted on paying.

If I got a call for holiday care then I would reimburse the other parent as I have done this in the past.

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
06-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I do the same as Susan...50% retainer...I also charge this for older children as there is not a demand for holiday care in my area...however iI make it VERY clear that I ask parents to inform me if the place will not be needed during the holdays...that way if I AM approached for holiday care I fill the space & refund the retainer...I send out a form a few weeks before term ends & parents sign...that way everyone's a winner!

Amanda only just caught up with this thread again but in answer to your question as above with Tasha xxx

miffy
06-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your help

Miffy xx