PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrrr, school run

ziggy
02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Have got both babies and the 3yr old all sleeping peacefully and will have to wake them in few minutes to go out in cold to meet schoolie off bus.

Feel so sorry for them all, getting out of warm cots/beds to go out into the cold wind.

Seriously thinking of taking on an assistant for afternoons, so i can take more schoolies but wont have to get little ones out of bed. Does anyone else have an after school assistant?

munch149
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Would love to do that too but not enough call for after school here. I have three under 2 here and hate waking them up and just generally dragging them out to pick up mindee up from school. When I lose this one I won't do any more as not worth it. It's a pain for me to strapping them all in car, all out, all In, all out. For all of 10 minutes out of the car. I would walk but one school I do is too far and the other I don't trust the mindee the walk sensibly enough.

ziggy
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Would love to do that too but not enough call for after school here. I have three under 2 here and hate waking them up and just generally dragging them out to pick up mindee up from school. When I lose this one I won't do any more as not worth it. It's a pain for me to strapping them all in car, all out, all In, all out. For all of 10 minutes out of the car. I would walk but one school I do is too far and the other I don't trust the mindee the walk sensibly enough.

There are lots of parents looking for after school care locally as no after school clubs, so this may be the answer to my problem.

I wouldnt have this schoolie but i have his younger brothers as well, so they bring in quite a bit of money. At least he comes home on school bus so i dont have all the hassle of driving to the school

loocyloo
04-12-2013, 08:51 AM
I used to have an afterschool assistant. she was a life saver! we both collected children from school, then she walked one lot home, and I dropped off/picked up from assorted clubs/lessons in the car and 45 mins later we were both home and she always had a cup of tea waiting for me :D