PDA

View Full Version : Labour future childcare policy by Lucy Powell MP

Simona
02-12-2013, 02:31 PM
Labour Policy - Shadow minister explains pledges | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/analysis/1140829/labour-policy-shadow-minister-explains-pledges)

Mrs Scrubbit
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks Simona xx

loocyloo
02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
thank you.

very interesting reading x

Smiley
02-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Interesting to read however, easy to come up with ideas for political parties in opposition. I'm not particularly pro 25 hrs of funded childcare for parents, as we know there are already issues for funding rates to providers for 15 hours. Ultimately it's the public purse and I'm not convinced the expenditure will bring about the outcomes some politicians hope

Simona
08-12-2013, 07:50 AM
Interesting to read however, easy to come up with ideas for political parties in opposition. I'm not particularly pro 25 hrs of funded childcare for parents, as we know there are already issues for funding rates to providers for 15 hours. Ultimately it's the public purse and I'm not convinced the expenditure will bring about the outcomes some politicians hope

It is rather ironic that MPs have been awarded a 11% rise in their pay, this will go up from 66,000+ to 74,000+ which tells me we will be subsidising their childcare
Compare this with the funding for the 'free' education which has stagnated for years and it seems to me a question of the poor providers now subsidising the rich!

I also understand the govt has 'found' £150m to fund schools to extend their kitchens for the free meals for 5-7 primary children.
Some of this newly found money ...I believe 9m...comes from the DfE who has underspent on their budget
If it was underspent why did they not put it towards the funding for free education and raise the appalling rate we get paid?