PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit

Sarahj2012
02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Hello, I'm hoping to be registered before Christmas and start childminding in the new year. The only paperwork that is outstanding are the dbs forms and they are at stage 4 of the process so as soon as that is complete an inspector will be coming around to do the pre-reg visit. What I was wondering was at the moment my house doesn't have a stair hand rail, I was planning on putting this in after all the Christmas expense but before I started childminding. If I do have my pre-reg visit before Christmas do you think an inspector will turn me down for my registration because of this or once I explain I'm putting it in before I take on any childminding she will be fine with that and let me have my registration as long as its in before any children arrive. Sorry for the long winded message. Any help will be appreciated thank you Sarah

Tulip
02-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Hoping for your ofsted visit before xmas is a bit hopeful, it all seems to take so long I'm afraid.
As for your handrail if it's not done you can explain that you recognize the risk and it's on you to do list.
Good luck x