PDA

View Full Version : Bum help !!

Tms
02-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I have 14 months old LO with a problem,

For last 3 weeks nappies have been horrendous(completely full of yellow porriage like very smelly poo) , did not think it was anything major as only 1 nappy like this in a day, thought teething? but going on this long spoke to mum suggested her to change food to jarred/shop prepared food (she does all sorts weird, spicy very what I would say may upset a tummy food, not sure if may be too much for his system) but no joy still today as bad I have to open window and freeze us to get smell out of room when changing :( . LO seems every time here very happy, not off food ??? both mum and I worried about it ??? I have suggested she takes him to doctors to be checked, mum not answered that text (think she may feel I am saying she is bad parent which I have told her is not case, she is great with her LO)

Help any ideas ??? or just reassurance it teething bum ??

clairer
02-12-2013, 11:02 AM
It could be teeth or a little tummy bug? I'm sure it will pass if no other symptoms.

sarah707
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Some children are very smelly... yes sometimes it's food but other times it's just normal for the child.

Yes you are right it's always good to visit the doctor in the first instance xx

Rubybubbles
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Sorry but mum was preparing yummy food and you suggested jar/ shop prepared food!!

Yes go to doctor with the issue

Kidston
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Sorry but mum was preparing yummy food and you suggested jar/ shop prepared food!!

Yes go to doctor with the issue

Completely agree

funemnx
02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
As said for some children it's normal - it also could be an intollerance to something...? My grandaughter was like this until they cut out yoghurt!

charlottenash
02-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I've always fed my son spicy food from 6months, and gradually worked way up because most of the food we eat is spicy, he never had an upset tummy etc.

Doctors or say to mum lets see how it goes for a week and then have a chat. No jar food! A change of diet probably won't help, and may make it worse.

hectors house
03-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Unless the mother has drastically changed the child's food in the last month I would have thought that the child was used to mums spicy meals - unless child has no developed an intolerance to something - could be lactose, but probably best to take child to doctor for advice. I have a 30 month old mindee whose nappies are awful (don't know how we will potty train him), have tried cutting out lactose but it hasn't made any difference - he did have a terrible stomach bug back in August and his nappies have been worse since then, I think it could be something like IBS - doctors call it Toddler Diarrhoea and say it isn't contagious.