PDA

View Full Version : Learning journals for afterschool

amyp
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I have my first after-school child in January- do you complete a learning journal for these kids too? Thanks

Simona
01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I have my first after-school child in January- do you complete a learning journal for these kids too? Thanks

No ...LJs are for children in the EYFs as a means of communication with parents and sharing development/progress
For school children you can do a folder with photos to show parents what they enjoy with you but LJs are not required for that age group

jadavi
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
I had understood while they are still four you still
have to do a LJ but when they turn five it can become less formal. EYFS is up to the fifth birthday.

amyp
01-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Thank you x

maisiemog
03-12-2013, 09:21 AM
I do scrapbooks! In them I put art work and pictures! I put little post it notes on to link loosely to EYFS for reception kids. I also make sure the kids have a say in it. At the start of the academic year they decorate the covers and they help choose what pictures get put in. It them goes home in July, or earlier if it's filled before by every night kids!

watford wizz
03-12-2013, 01:45 PM
I use the Every Child Matters front sheet and explanation of main 5 areas x I put in as much info about other settings they attend and copies of any info ie school news letters, scout/cub info and then fill with photos, mementos of what we get up to with little short notes. X