PDA

View Full Version : Idea's for wording on advertisement in your car window?

trickiedickie
01-12-2013, 07:14 PM
I am expecting my registration certificate tomorrow. Yipeee.

I will have one space that I desperately need to fill (I can only mind 2 children a day as I already have 4 of my own).

So, I was going to put something like

"Newly registered childminder, vacancies available everyday during term time. Please contact Cecillia for more info on 07864 444 444".

Looking for something better to put on it. It will be an A3 laminate on my back car window and probabaly two A4 laminates on the back passenger windows. Do you think I should mention that I only have one space available mon to thur and two spaces available on a Friday?

All idea's greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am also considering putting a poster up in my front room windows. I am not on a main road but some people do pass by if they have really struggled to park at local school. I also get alot of dog walkers passing. Has anyone else done this. My concern is that someone knocks on my door when my house is a tip!

trickiedickie
01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Oh I have read that fantastic thread on here about drumming up new business. I am in process of trying to create a facebook page. Fantastic thread. Oh and thinking of asking a school Mum to borrow her baby to take to toddler groups. Only thing is there is a waiting list for all the toddler groups beside me.

moggy
01-12-2013, 08:05 PM

I am also considering putting a poster up in my front room windows. I am not on a main road but some people do pass by if they have really struggled to park at local school. I also get alot of dog walkers passing. Has anyone else done this. My concern is that someone knocks on my door when my house is a tip!

I would not put up posters in your house- it identifies you as a lone worker with young children in the house, makes you a little vulnerable to anyone with ill-intent I think. And as you said you could have all kinds knocking on your door.

I'd keep any advertising like car posters pretty open-ended and simple, your vacancies could change quickly and you just need the people to call you- they might not have time to read too much as they walk past your car either. Just your name, that you are a CM and your contact details. Saying you are 'newly reg' might not help as some would think you might be inexperienced, not that you should lie about it but no need to shout it out loud!

Bluebell
01-12-2013, 08:11 PM
I would put Ofsted Registered rather than newly registered. I'd put the area you are based - if you are out for the day you are not necessarily going to be in your own catchment town. I would also put for vacancy details phone...
That way when you have filled 3 days and only have 2 days to fill you won't have to change your poster! Also if you have spaces every day a potential parent might wonder why. That's just my opinion though!

trickiedickie
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks everyone. Great advice and suggestions.

So what do you all think of below?

Care Inspectorate Registered Childminder in Cults, Aberdeen. Vacancies available. Please contact me Cecillia, for further details on 07777 5555 555 or 01242 300565. Thank you.

These aren't my true details but just to find out if you all think above reads ok. Thank you.

mrstom
02-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks everyone. Great advice and suggestions.

So what do you all think of below?

Care Inspectorate Registered Childminder in Cults, Aberdeen. Vacancies available. Please contact me Cecillia, for further details on 07777 5555 555 or 01242 300565. Thank you.

These aren't my true details but just to find out if you all think above reads ok. Thank you.

I'd just put:

'Registered Childminder in XXX area. Vacancies available. Contact Cecillia on XXX'

Short, to the point and not too much to read if someone walks past or sees in when driving past etc.

I'd also put 'Registered Childminder' in bigger and bolder text than the rest to help it stand out to passers by x

trickiedickie
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
thank you.