PDA

View Full Version : A little bit of "me" time

clairer
29-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I finished my Level 3 in the summer and have spent my days off tidying up the mess, and doing all the jobs and paperwork I didn't do whilst studying.

Now finally I have time to do something for me. I set up a Facebook page of my art work and last week I finally got back to my arty roots and started a large canvas of a cat! Feels good to paint, HAPPY :) I am going to try to get a set of paintings together to submit to galleries.

Child minders do you have a sideline as well as your business?

cathtee
29-11-2013, 03:52 PM
It's lovely to have me time, I enjoy mine where I just do what I fancy rather than anything constructive, I can't draw or have any real hobbies, but dd got married this year and will be starting a family soon, so the knitting needles will come out and I will enjoy doing knitting in my me time :)

clairer
29-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Starting to realize I need it for my own sanity. Yes I know the cleaning needs doing, but it can wait. It helps that I have cut my hours from 39 to 32 per week.

maisiemog
29-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Since going to afterschool care only I've been making sweets and lollies. I have sold some at fundraising events for my rainbows units but I'm now going to try and see if I can turn them into wedding favours and maybe a new business. But that will be a while away as I'm enjoying experimenting with flavours etc at the moment! Strangely the kids love my new hobby!

clairer
29-11-2013, 04:47 PM
That's a really good idea!

maisiemog
29-11-2013, 05:23 PM
I love it. I've even started to experiment with making my own chocolate. I can get everything tasting how I want it to. I just don't have the skill or patience to get it looking pretty but my sister is amazing at that and about to go on maternity leave so I'm hoping to persuade her to join my little adventure when I get the idea off the ground, probably next year some time.