PDA

View Full Version : Library of activity ideas

ninagee
29-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi, need some inspiration please!

I have collected lots of activity ideas since I started, collected from this forum and various blogs etc. But I am stuck on the best way to keep them so they are easily accessible. The ones we have tried, I make a note on how it went on a piece of paper and put it away. I then end up looking through my pile to get ideas for the week.

Its driving me mad as I am a bit OCD with my paperwork. Everything must have a place in a folder or tray otherwise its gone. My pile of activity ideas is getting too big for the box file...:-(

Do I file them under the 7 areas?
Alphabetically?
Grouped under a theme?

Thanks

Nina :-)

mrstom
29-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm the same! I've got so many ideas, magazine bits, print outs etc that I'm finding it really hard to keep track of them all.

What I've done so far is have a folder with monthly dividers and any ideas relevant to a particular month e.g. Chinese New Year for February go behind that month so when the time comes, I should have everything to hand.

The rest of it (!) well I'm not happy with the way it's filed. I've done a mixture of themes such as 'people who help us' or 'animals' but also specific sections like 'fine motor skills' or 'literacy'. It's a bit hodge-podge at the moment but I can't think of another way of doing it.

I would definitely be interested in hearing what works for others.

clairer
29-11-2013, 01:53 PM
My resources are organised in a similar way. I have two folders, one is mostly festivals Chinese New Year, Easter, Diwali etc and seasons, separated with dividers. The other is separated into Maths resources, UW, Literacy (phonics, early pencil control), PSED All about me colourings, assorted paper dolls, other colourings. Then I have yet another folder with my planning sheets in and how they relate to the EYFS.

In this way at least I know where everything is!

loocyloo
29-11-2013, 02:48 PM
My resources are organised in a similar way. I have two folders, one is mostly festivals Chinese New Year, Easter, Diwali etc and seasons, separated with dividers. The other is separated into Maths resources, UW, Literacy (phonics, early pencil control), PSED All about me colourings, assorted paper dolls, other colourings. Then I have yet another folder with my planning sheets in and how they relate to the EYFS.

In this way at least I know where everything is!

I used to have 2 big files just like this but realised I never used them! ... I have a folder on the pc with activities links pictures etc for all and any subject I think of (about 40 last time I looked! ) so I just print off what I need each time.