PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma!

Dovile
29-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Child walks in with lollipop in his mouth, other children younger and older see him and want some sweet from early morning. How would you sort out dilemma between the child's rights and choices?

Minstrel
29-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Child's rights and choices?

No I have a simple healthy eating policy which means no lollipops!

Mrsh3103
29-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I would use my right to remove the lolly from the childs mouth then I'd make a choice on whether it goes in the bin or whether it's wrapped in cling film and given back at home time.

FussyElmo
29-11-2013, 01:07 PM
You have a healthy eating policy so stick to it - you wouldn't let a parent walk in smoking :thumbsup:

dawn100
29-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Lollipops are so dangerous they are a big no no in my house. My dd when she was 2 was given a lollipop at a party the end came of (hard boiled type one) and she started to choke, no noise just not being able to breath and going blue another parent was a paramedic and before I had chance to do anything was hitting her on her back and after two or thre hits ( felt like a long time) the lollipop came flying out of her mouth! Even now it gives me the shivers!

jackie 7
29-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Remove from mouth and hand over to mum. A letter home saying you have a healthy eating policy am so a no lollipop policy due to dangers.

k-tots
29-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I had a parent give and old mindee a chocolate biscuit as he git his coat on while I picked him up....fiest thing in the morning. ....he was jumping all over the place 30mins later :-/ just hsd a quite word with mum and it didn't happen again

sing-low
29-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Send a letter to all parents outlining your healthy eating policy. Then, if it happens again, ask parent to wait outside with child until lollipop is finished or removed and taken away (by parent:thumbsup:).

doris127
29-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I had a lo arrive in a taxi with mum. She got out with a bottle of irn bru in one hand and a twix in the other at 7.15am. I had agreed to give breakfast when she arrived. I just took them off her when mum left and said we'd have porridge instead!

Koala
29-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I had a lo arrive in a taxi with mum. She got out with a bottle of irn bru in one hand and a twix in the other at 7.15am. I had agreed to give breakfast when she arrived. I just took them off her when mum left and said we'd have porridge instead!

I'd have done the same - I like twix and irn bru too :D

birch24
29-11-2013, 05:25 PM
I would use my right to remove the lolly from the childs mouth then I'd make a choice on whether it goes in the bin or whether it's wrapped in cling film and given back at home time.

Lol that made me laugh. Xx

Tulip
29-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Omg, Some parents!

Mrs Scrubbit
29-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Lollipops are so dangerous they are a big no no in my house. My dd when she was 2 was given a lollipop at a party the end came of (hard boiled type one) and she started to choke, no noise just not being able to breath and going blue another parent was a paramedic and before I had chance to do anything was hitting her on her back and after two or thre hits ( felt like a long time) the lollipop came flying out of her mouth! Even now it gives me the shivers!

I agree totally,they really frighten me as I once read how a child tripped up with one in their mouth and the stick pierced their throat .........they are truly awful things and never allowed over my doorstep:panic::panic: xx

shortstuff
29-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Paremts do make you laugh. I had to go to a bosses house for an evening team briefing in a previous life. She gave her 2yr old coke n then put her to bed. She was then moaning an hour later that lo was still awake! Lol x

Dovile
29-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks! Next time will ask parent to finish it before their arrive or will put in cling film and keep until their go home and give away + print out healthy eating policy.

Daisy1956
29-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Lollies are not allowed in my house, it really annoys me when they come out if school with them luckily children always ask if they can eat them so I just ask them to put them away until they get home.