PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sorry for myself!

fione
28-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Does anybody else ever feel like your job is 'too easy' to some parents, have one parent who is constantly bringing up how hard they work, and how rushed off their feet they are, how many hours they do etc... And I am always so sympathetic, but just lately it really makes me feel like she's getting on at me as if I have the easiest job in the world! If only they knew!!

MessybutHappy
29-11-2013, 07:46 AM
I totally know that feeling! The same mum often says "oh, why are you doing all this paperwork? Shouldn't you be playing?" um, yes, I do the paperwork while you play with your child, i.e. After WORK!!!

clairer
29-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I actually think some parents are envious of our jobs. They want to be the ones playing with their children and seeing all the special moments. Maybe that's why they give us a hard time!

serin
29-11-2013, 03:51 PM
I always find they complain about having no money. But they do also say I dont know how you do your job because I could never do it! I do tell people all the time though that I do the same paperwork a teacher would in a nursery. They are always shocked.

fione
29-11-2013, 11:00 PM
I always find they complain about having no money. But they do also say I dont know how you do your job because I could never do it! I do tell people all the time though that I do the same paperwork a teacher would in a nursery. They are always shocked.

Don't think they realise half the time how much we do when we haven't got their children, doesn't help that I'm such a soft touch, so that makes it even worse really, because they just start taking the mic and don't seem to take you seriously!