PDA

View Full Version : Lo making themselves sick

KatieFS
28-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Anyone had any experience of this?

Think it happened today at mealtime. I think she didn't want the meal, had a few spoonfuls gagged chewed for long time, then sick.
She has been poorly but was not poorly today and has been fine before and after this incident.
A few weeks ago she was suddenly taken ill then was sick everywhere. She was sick again Monday after a meal ( in the night).

This lo can be anxious - making me concerned could be an issue. Not sure what to make of it really or what to suggest to parents

moggy
28-11-2013, 06:26 PM
what age is she?

sarah707
28-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Is she copying someone? Is mum pregnant?

Does she have enlarged tonsils?

xx

Memina
28-11-2013, 10:14 PM
How old is she? She may have got a reaction the first time and now wants that attention again

mama2three
29-11-2013, 07:13 AM
I have one who did it deliberately when she first came to me , and still does at home now. She learnt at home that if she did that then the food was removed and she got pudding instead. There were lots and lots of other food issues with her too - an extremely limited range of foods she ate etc...
I largely ignored the initial retches - occasionally saying 'no thankyou we don't do that here etc.... and she stopped. It wasn't getting her the attention / result she wanted

CH1957
29-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes I have one who deliberately does this when she doesn't want to eat something. Its even when she has chosen what she for lunch and then decides she doesn't want it. At home she gets away with it and they give her something else!! I've been ignoring it, taking food away and telling her there will be nothing else til snack time etc, but she has to sit at table with others til they finish. She finally sat down with all the others and ate her food properly yesterday - there was promise of cake when everyone had finished their lunch so just shows she will eat when she wants!
Children wont starve themselves, I think its best to ignore as others have said and eventually child will stop as not getting the attention.

KatieFS
29-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Thank you all very helpful. She is 2. And yes mum is pregnant, I might mention that to see if lo has observed mum retching.
She is a pickle, mum and dad get twisted around her little finger.
All her recent health issues (vomiting, chest infections slapped cheek) they've just been feeding her what she 'likes' not proper meals which is part of it.