PDA

View Full Version : Urine sample two year old????

AdeleMarie88
28-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Parent has asked me to try get a urine sample for her two yr old boy. She took him to docs this morning (nothing wrong with him as far as I can see) and they sent her away with no medicine, but asked her to do a urine sample. She brought him back to me to try and get, how would I go about this? He isn't potty trained, he won't understand weeing in this pot, could I try squeeze some out of a full nappy?? Am I being really stupid? X

funemnx
28-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Leave the nappy off and be ready to catch! ;)

Sorry not much help - I hope someone comes along with a more sensible answer soon x

Emra81
28-11-2013, 01:52 PM
When we've had to get a sample out of dd in the past we've either been given a bag to tape to her bits (works much better for a boy as you can imagine!) or a thick sanitary pad type thing that you pop into their nappy and ring into a pot half an hour later. Was she not offered anything like that? Don't fancy your chances without some assistance!

WibbleWobble
28-11-2013, 01:54 PM
I think mum needs to do this herself. This is not your job!

Put the pot away and tell her at pick up

We are not parents/ nurses

Wibble xxxxxx

Mouse
28-11-2013, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't try to get any out of a nappy as that will have other chemicals in it.

What have they give you to collect it in? When my boys were small we had to collect samples and we were given bags with a sticky bit on them

http://mammapanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/05-87-3900.jpg

Although to be honest, I would leave it up to parents to do.

birch24
28-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I think mum needs to do this herself. This is not your job! Put the pot away and tell her at pick up We are not parents/ nurses Wibble xxxxxx

I agree it's not your job she needs to sort this one :-/ x

dawn100
28-11-2013, 02:00 PM
My sister had to get a sample off her 2yr old ds who wasnt potty trained it was a case of waiting with an old ice cream tub and being ready to catch, it was summer at the time so she did it in the garden so she didn't have the mess to clear up. I would say its a job for mum really as you can't be expected to do that when you've got other mindees.

AdeleMarie88
28-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks all

I have been given a pot, adult sized sample pot.

I think you are right, I not sure how to go about this, so I should probably leave it!

bunyip
28-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I was going to help but just realised the sample has to be from your mindee..............

...............so the offer of sending the random samples soaked into my soft furnishings would be of little use. :rolleyes:

Koala
28-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I was going to help but just realised the sample has to be from your mindee..............

...............so the offer of sending the random samples soaked into my soft furnishings would be of little use. :rolleyes:

I could help you with that too!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

AdeleMarie88
28-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Hahahahahaha thanks guys!

Spoke to mom, she is sending dad back to docs to get some pad type things:/ x

shortstuff
28-11-2013, 09:30 PM
A friend of mine has to regularly collect from ds. He is in nappies. She got told to place cotton wool balls in the nappy. This avoids contamination and gives the required sample. Maybe suggest that to mum? Good luck x

AdeleMarie88
28-11-2013, 09:31 PM
A friend of mine has to regularly collect from ds. He is in nappies. She got told to place cotton wool balls in the nappy. This avoids contamination and gives the required sample. Maybe suggest that to mum? Good luck x

That's a good idea!! Thank you xc

shortstuff
28-11-2013, 09:32 PM
That's a good idea!! Thank you xc

My pleasure x