PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as continuity of care

munch149
28-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I go on maternity leave the same time as current mum. When I come back can I have

My lo 9months
Her lo 9 months
My lo 3 at nursery half days
Her lo 3 at nursery half days

Her child wouldn't have been in any other childcare whilst I'm off as mum is off too. so would this class as continuity of care. It would only be for three days every other week and half days so know I could cope.

Thanks

Emra81
28-11-2013, 01:56 PM
In my head it would count as the whole point of continuity of care is to avoid children having to be messed about and re-settled with a different carer every time a sibling comes along or they need a change of hours etc isn't it? If you can risk assess and confidently manage those ages/numbers then I would have said its fine BUT I am very inexperienced so may well find out I'm talking out of my bottom! Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along soon to set us straight!

munch149
28-11-2013, 04:31 PM
That's the way I look at it too but don't know if its right.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes to me it is. The fact that both you and mum have had a baby fits right into the examples given in the EYFS

Mouse
28-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I would say it's continuity.

If they are the only children you have (ie. no school children) it could work out very nicely :)

hectors house
28-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I know another childminder who has done exactly this - she childminded her friends baby for couple of years, both got pregnant at same time, had maternity leave and started back again with 2 older children and 2 babies - this is continuity of care on sibling children, childminder having own baby and reason for having 2 babies under one. I guess it's a bit like having 2 sets of twins :D