PDA

View Full Version : Sorry More Start Up Questions

Little Pumpkins
06-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Hiya

Sorry I must have had a brain wave this morning and have come up with a million questions, if anyone could help

Right first off is car seats I am wanting to buy two of my own to have installed in my car so I know its done right, ideally ones that will suit infants and toddlers any suggestions?

Does anybody use a tumble tots? they are advertising one in my area and I was considering going?

What kinds of foods do you make? I tend to cook fresh, but am worried kids wont like it.

Im gong away to get married to Florida soon (two weeks today) and was wondering if its ok to stock up on named toys there? its just they're half price, same with buggys, a jeep twin buggy is £35 brand new there.

thanks anna

Monkey1
06-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure honey, i think you will be restricted by customs anyway on bringing back loads. Maybe the others would be better on that one! Good look with the wedding though! Dont forget to post the piccys on here!

carolinel
06-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi

Car Seats - Best bet would be to go somewhere like mothercare or halfords where they will test the seats in your car to make sure they fit correctly.

Food - Fresh is best! I always cook fresh, and the children do eat it even if i have to disguise cauliflower in cheese sauce or mashed in with the mash.

Toys - like Monkey says you will probably be restricted by customs, but it would be ok to buy named toys.

Tumble tots - i don't take mine as it's quite expensive and i don't claim back from parents. I think you also have to pay a joining fee and pay per term, not sure I could be wrong.

Good luck with the wedding, we'd love to see some piccies.

Schnakes
06-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Cant help you with the car seats as I dont drive...the other stuff...

Food - always do fresh cooking. 1. - its better for the children. 2 - Its an excellent thing to tell parents when you interview.
It doesnt matter if the child "doesnt like it" - just keep experimenting with new ways to get them to eat it..you'll hit the spot eventually! ?At the end of the day, they are kids - they dont have the wisdom to know whats best for them..its your job to give them what they need, right? :)

Toys - cant really say as I dont know what your after, but would defo get the buggy. Then again, I could think of better things to do on my honeymoon than shopping for the business...;) :cool:

Tumble Tots - a new one has opened up in my area so we are going up on tuesday...I'll let you know.

Sx

Mollymop
06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi Anna,
Good luck with your wedding. Have a fab time.
I have been to Florida twice, last year and the year before and we came back with a big suit case plus full of toys, I was so amazed at the amount you can buy. Go to Walmart when you are there as the toys are very cheap. Dora toys are like - $6, = £3.
My little Ponies are $5 = £2.50.

I went crazy buying like mad, that when we had our luggage weighed (we were allowed 80kg) it was 79kg.Phewwww!! That didn't include our hand luggage!!! (luckily they didn't weigh that)

Have fun:)

sarah707
06-01-2008, 12:57 PM
We always offer home cooking - if the children don't like something they can leave it at the side of their plate... once we know their little foibles, we make sure they are offered an alternative.

We don't cater to fads, though, as long as they are being given a balanced diet, we work to a menu.

Hope that helps x

Mollymop
06-01-2008, 12:59 PM
You won't be restricted by customs if you take them out of the packaging, we bought loads back, but they were for my kids, plus I bought a buggy back with us. On our first trip there, when we got home we had a customs note in one of our suitcases to say they had checked that one suit case, they had broken the lock off it. But they never checked any of the others. You should be ok, as long as you don't fill up every one of your suitcases with just toys and they are still in the boxes, etc.

angeldelight
06-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree with everyone else and do the same

Good luck

Angel xx

miffy
06-01-2008, 02:25 PM
just wanted to wish you a very happy wedding day

Miffy xx

Spangles
06-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Hiya!

Car seats- I just bought one today from Argos, it was a lot cheaper than Halfords or anywhere and had the safety standards plus you can always take it back if it doesn't fit your car. Was thinking of buying a new one on E-bay but it would have had postage and I wouldn't have been able to return if didn't fit.

Tumble Tots - I went for a few months with my son and don't recommend it at all. It's extremely expensive and he didn't like it because it was too busy and he always had another child close behind him to go on the equipment which he doesn't like - he likes space! Plus, he didn't sit for the singing bit was always off racing about! I don't know anyone that was impressed with Tumble Tots. It's only 45 minutes as well so it's amazingly expensive! That's just what I've found though.

We now go to the Funky Funhouse which is no where near as pricey and he can just do what he wants, when he wants and stay as long as we like. He gets a lot more out of it. FFH - a local sort of play place with apparatus, slides, ball pits, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

Schnakes
06-01-2008, 04:06 PM
How much is Tumble Tots?

Sx

angeldelight
06-01-2008, 04:58 PM
You might find information here

http://www.tumbletots.com/index.php

Angel xx

berkschick
06-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I took my second eldest to tumble tots, a good 8 years ago now but I found it very busy and expensive too.

I would think it varies from area to area though so give it a go!

Love

Debbie

wellybelly
06-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Just to let you know, Ive just started as a mindie and I only give homemade food to the kids in my care. They all love it and always ask for their favorite dishes. I charge a little more in my area because of this and ive had nothing but praise from parents.

Shirlwith3
06-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Tumble Tots - You can buy the CD & Dvd, I brought one and my dd loves it keeps asking for it to be put on. Got it from Woolworths website last year.
Food- I cook homemade food for mine

Shirl

Spangles
06-01-2008, 08:55 PM
We've got a Tumble Tots DVD too and it's very good! I love it too!

deeb66
09-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi

Car Seats - Best bet would be to go somewhere like mothercare or halfords where they will test the seats in your car to make sure they fit correctly.

Food - Fresh is best! I always cook fresh, and the children do eat it even if i have to disguise cauliflower in cheese sauce or mashed in with the mash.

Toys - like Monkey says you will probably be restricted by customs, but it would be ok to buy named toys.

Tumble tots - i don't take mine as it's quite expensive and i don't claim back from parents. I think you also have to pay a joining fee and pay per term, not sure I could be wrong.

Good luck with the wedding, we'd love to see some piccies.

Caroline has already said just about everything I would have said so I have nicked her post - lol!!!!

Little Pumpkins
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi

well I bought a car seat from Argos last night a fisher price one at £99 which I didnt think was bad going, its for approx 9 months to 4 years.

Also I have my sign fitted to my cars back window today!!! it looks great (should be for £124.00) lol