PDA

View Full Version : alternative elf on a shelf

loocyloo
28-11-2013, 01:10 PM
i'm not entirely comfortable about the elf on the shelf thing and today got a link to the imagination tree, who have got 'kindness elves'. I like the sound of these and thought I would pass it on.

Kindness Elves: An Alternative Elf on the Shelf Tradition - The Imagination Tree (http://theimaginationtree.com/2013/11/alternative-elf-on-shelf-tradition-kindness-elf.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theimaginationtree%2FXyqA+%28 The+Imagination+Tree%29)

cathtee
28-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Love this idea, will be on the lookout this weekend for an elf, ghanks for sharing :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
28-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Oh yay!! It's not just me who's a little uncomfortable having an elf spy on my child ;)
This is a much nicer idea than 'do this or I will report back to Santa'
I also find the Elf on the Shelf creepy, something about the eyes...x

bunyip
28-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Oh yay!! It's not just me who's a little uncomfortable having an elf spy on my child ;)
This is a much nicer idea than 'do this or I will report back to Santa'
I also find the Elf on the Shelf creepy, something about the eyes...x

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

........I agree, but it does get them ready for living in the surveillance society. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Airstrip One, the CCTV capital of the World. :(

Glitter
28-11-2013, 07:32 PM
A friend of mine tells her children the alarm sensors in the corners of the rooms are Santa's surveillance cameras.
Every time the lights flash a report is sent about their behaviour. She often walks in to rooms to find them watching the sensors, and if the children start fighting she just points to the sensors and they stop.

It is a bit mean, but very effective.

Daisy1956
28-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Got to own up, I told my Grandson the same, I often catch him watching the sensor when it lights up. :D

Memina
28-11-2013, 09:40 PM
I never heard of elf on a shelf until this year when everyone seems to be raving about it.

I personally cut out the middle man and have santa on speed dial. When ds is playing I just pick up my phone without a word and he stops. Mind you I've used the same trick since he was two lol

SYLVIA
28-11-2013, 09:48 PM
I never heard of elf on a shelf until this year when everyone seems to be raving about it.

I personally cut out the middle man and have santa on speed dial. When ds is playing I just pick up my phone without a word and he stops. Mind you I've used the same trick since he was two lol

My friend does this with her two boys too. It works wonders till after Xmas. We had friends whos son was being realy naughty at a family gathering at easter time. They felt unable to do much about it at the time and just said no easter eggs if you continue, which he did. Next morning,"Where's my eggs" he asked. They reminded him of the conversation yesterday and he replied" I wold have stooped if I thought you meant it!"

Memina
28-11-2013, 10:02 PM