PDA

View Full Version : business direct debit cancelation?

Bluebell
26-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi sorry this is a bit of a general question.
I'm moving my business bank account to a personal bank account. I've notified the 2 regular monthly direct debits of the new details. However the annual ones are not due til next year - ICO, PACEY and Ofsted. By cancelling the direct debits at my bank am I right in thinking they should get a notification and will therefore contact me to get new details?
With Ofsted and NCMA I am sure I will get renewal notice anyway with contact details so can do at time if not done before as obviously I can not allow either of these to lapse.
Not so sure with ICO though? Not bothered about missing the payment for that one as they would soon be in touch I'm sure lol!

cathtee
26-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I think I would get in touch with them and explain that you are closing the bank account and ask for them to send you new direct debit forms, and then cancel the original ones. :thumbsup:

Stapleton83
26-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi,

Yes they should take the opportunity to contact you direct once your bank account closes and they try to claim the direct debit although your bank would advise that you contact them first. At the end of the day if you know when they are due mark the calendar and then get in touch if they don't contact you for any reason.

Sam x

shortstuff
27-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Is the bank you are moving to not offering to move them? I thought most banks do now.