PDA

View Full Version : 3 energetic boys

lashely
26-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi

I have taken on 3 boys after school aged between 6 and 9. My house is set for younger children any ideas on activities?

Onl things I can think of are drawing painting etc

weedotes
26-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Hi

I have taken on 3 boys after school aged between 6 and 9. My house is set for younger children any ideas on activities?

Hi , I mind 3 boys aged 6 to 9'. After homeworks are done their favourite thing at the moment is the basketball net and football nets . I tend to need to separate them and the wee ones for safety so the wee ones can play on the grass or cheer them on while they play basket ball on the patio . Then the boys can play football , cricket tennis etc on the grass while the wee ones play on ride ons up on the patio.
Indoors they love baking , especially decorating . They also can amuse themselves ( and the wee ones building creations with mega blocks and duplo . Or putting on shows with the dressing up box and rack . I ve had to stop them putting on some stuff that was getting ruined but they get a lot of fun out of old hats shirts wigs and waistcoats .
They also spend some time playing board games or with play doh . I also have a box of characters gathered over the years and the play with them in the train set or farm or in the pull along push along the toys which are also used for the wee ones .
I also stocked up on books especially for them ..horrible histories etc .
I have to keep stressing they have to be careful with the wee ones and the wee ones toys, then I praise them loads and they love the wee ones looking up to them. Sometimes when the 6 and 7 year old get absorbed in a board came or playing cars or toy soldiers . The 9 year old is great at drawing round the wee ones hands or helping them with art , water play or sandpit . he loves helping them count and teaching them letter sounds and colours and they look up to him .

Stapleton83
26-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Other than art and crafts which my 7 y/o boy loves I would suggest lego and characters to play with. He is brilliant with the little ones and will happily let them join in. He also enjoys going on the pc, although that is more of a treat!

Sam x

Tulip
26-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Top trumps card games are good :)

weedotes
26-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi

Oh just remembered another good standby when needing a bit of calm indoors , I bought top trumps in their favourite subjects like football dr who harry potter and the Simpsons etc . They also make a lot of use out of cardboard boxes and huge sheets of scrap wallpaper to draw maps or habitats for the play animals .

Tulip
26-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Boys love building dens out of sheets etc :)

weedotes
26-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Boys love building dens out of sheets etc :)

That's a great idea too ...and I swear I did nt steal your top trumps idea ....I'm just a slooooow Typist !

Tulip
26-11-2013, 09:25 PM
That's a great idea too ...and I swear I did nt steal your top trumps idea ....I'm just a slooooow Typist !

Lol its ok I don't mind sharing :D

weedotes
26-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Lol its ok I don't mind sharing :D

Thank you :) !

gef918
27-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I got some simple science experiments to do with my mindees of a similar age, such as, making salt/candy crystals through water evaporation; or how about protecting an egg when it's dropped from a height. There's lots of ideas on the web.

lashely
27-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Ah that's brilliant! The older one sits in my toy boxer the minute haha so we have decided to make a sleigh out Of boxes!

I'm loving the top trumps card idea they love super hero and wrestling.

I'm sure once we all settle in and get used to each other they will let me know other activities too.

birch24
27-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Top trumps card games are good :)

Good idea I have just ordered some top trumps in their favourite subjects too :-)

Tulip
27-11-2013, 06:41 PM
They can play their top trumps game in their den! :D

lashely
29-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Haha we have decided to make a sleigh out of a cardboard box as they seem to love playing with my toy boxes! I don't mind as long as they tidy the mess after but we designed our sleigh yesterday now to but the materials we apparently need and make it next week :-)

I'm not being told people are replying here so apologies for delays x