PDA

View Full Version : ahhh

Mrsh3103
26-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Mindee refused to eat tea. He's eaten the same meal hundreds of times with me but tonight he said I don't like this and pushed it away. I made him wait til everyone had finished then offered fruit.
Nan picks him up & I tell her he didn't eat it she said 'lucky I've got a mcdonalds in the car then'
Something tells me he won't ever 'like' what I cook from now on.

Koala
26-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Yep, your right. :D

Don't let it wind you up - just put the smallest amount on his plate - just enough that you don't mind throwing it away or ask him first and if he doesn't want it - don't bother. You won't compete with a mcdonalds and it's not worth the fight.

dawn100
26-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Why would nan turn up with a McDonalds? I will never understand some people's logic. I agree with koala just dish up a small portion in future maybe keep some back if he wants more but if he knows McDonald's is waiting in the car not sure he will ever want what you cook for him. Don't let it get to you, it will come back and bite them one day!

Tulip
26-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Perhaps he knew Nan was going to get him a Mcdonalds

SYLVIA
26-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I had a lo who would just sit and stare at me and not even lift the fork. Till one day I called them for tea and I hadn't dished him up one. "Where's mine?" he asked. You don't eat it so I didn't bother. He never did it again, strangely enough. I had told mum that I would be doing it and that she would need to feed him that night to which she totally agreed.

Kiddleywinks
26-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Could mum have let him know nan was collecting 'and if you're good she'll get you a McDonalds'?

If you have further not eating episodes, try not to let it get to you (it's not you or your food at fault :laughing:), play it down, remove plate etc.

I had a 3 yr old that got sweeties and junk food off Dad when they got home - literally the minute they walked in!
Even now, nearly a year later I get the 'I'm not having tea here today' (every 5 minutes in the early days, now just a couple of times in the morning) and every time I dish everyone else's meal up, and every week I get a little voice as we all sit down at the table asking 'Can I have some please, I'm hungry' :rolleyes:

Every blooming week this happens - I'm bored of it now :laughing::laughing:

Koala
26-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Even now, nearly a year later I get the 'I'm not having tea here today' (every 5 minutes in the early days, now just a couple of times in the morning) and every time I dish everyone else's meal up, and every week I get a little voice as we all sit down at the table asking 'Can I have some please, I'm hungry' :rolleyes:

Every blooming week this happens - I'm bored of it now :laughing::laughing:

Go on, I dare you, say 'NO!' :D