PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure they think this is a drop in centre.....

Rickers83
26-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Just had a call from a parent who wanted to query their invoice as they did not think lo had come for as many hours as were invoiced.....
No they hadn't but I was only advised on the mornings that they wouldn't be here so it's still chargeable under the contract.
Think the parents think they can just decide as and when to use me

Phew, rant over ;0)

sing-low
26-11-2013, 02:18 PM
How annoying! Thank goodness for contracts.

kellyskidz!
26-11-2013, 04:26 PM
This made me laugh as on Friday I had a woman come to the door dragging a 2 year old behind her, she said and I quote 'can you have her, she's been doing my head in all day.''
What on earth? I must have looked at her like she was an alien. I told her I was a childminder and not a drop in centre and that if she wanted to enquire about a place for her little girl she'd need to take away a Welcome Pack and call back later. Not heard anything yet thank heavens!
My neighbour was leaving her house and heard her and said how shocked she was and she was so glad I'd not let her in, because she would have been worrying all day!

Jenna
26-11-2013, 04:59 PM
My biggest hate is when parents book their child in to come early then don't turn up until normal time and when u charge them for it they make every excuse under the sun. I love getting up early just to sit and wait around. The same when parents ring to say they might be late I had one mum who always asked at drop off what's the latest u can do that day so I'd say and she'd always say I'll let u know later 9 times out of 10 she'd turn up to collect earlier than normal hours bot thats i minded some times but it was always on nights where we'd gone somewhere and wouldn't be home she'd then ring and ask where we were and why we weren't home. This went on for about a week know its contracted hours only unless its an emergency for this family and as for early collection unless she says in the morning she has to sit on the drive and wait.

Tulip
26-11-2013, 09:44 PM
This made me laugh as on Friday I had a woman come to the door dragging a 2 year old behind her, she said and I quote 'can you have her, she's been doing my head in all day.''
What on earth? I must have looked at her like she was an alien. I told her I was a childminder and not a drop in centre and that if she wanted to enquire about a place for her little girl she'd need to take away a Welcome Pack and call back later. Not heard anything yet thank heavens!
My neighbour was leaving her house and heard her and said how shocked she was and she was so glad I'd not let her in, because she would have been worrying all day!

Wow thats unbelievable! poor child

Mrs Scrubbit
26-11-2013, 09:53 PM

GOSH........lost for words xx