PDA

View Full Version : Childminding session

SonnysMummy
17-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Now i am officially a registered childminder i think i might go along to the childminder's session they have in our local surestart centre tomorrow morning. I think it's probably like a playgroup as it says that it's for childminder's and the children they look after. As i don't have any yet i can take my own son. Thing is i'm so shy!!! I'm worried they'll all blank me, if they have little cliques or make me feel like an alien!!! I want to go as they may say they'll pass enquiries onto me if they can't take them and also to get to know them. Any words of wisdom???:)

cloud9
17-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm certain it will all be fine i was really nervous at first but people are generally really friendly and welcoming, if anything you will find others who are new and just as apprehensive as you.

Good luck!:laughing:

Spangles
17-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Try not to worry about it. Just go along and I'm sure someone will meet you at the entrance and may introduce you, if not, just play with your lo and have fun and I'm sure other people will talk to you.

Hope it's okay!

allinatiz
17-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Go for it :)

I was nervous when I first started going to my local one, I've never been one for mother and toddler groups anyway, but I found them really welcoming and now I couldn't last the week without it!

Good luck!

miffy
17-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Smile - it makes you more approachable (even if you're really quaking in your boots)

I'm sure that they will realise you're new and make you welcome

Good luck - let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

jessie1
17-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Go to it, I found mine very friendly and helpful. Very upset myself that I missed mine today because of work. The enquiries I had were all referred by other Local Childminders

Good Luck