PDA

View Full Version : Don't cha love kind parents

clairer
26-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Don't cha just love a kind parent who is friendly and willing to work in partnership and talk over any issues calmly, and with acceptance.

Had a potential problem this morning which turned my tummy to knots but the parent was lovely.

Having had an awkward parent earlier this year who made me feel I could do nothing right, I now feel angst ridden at talking to parents about the slightest problem(for fear of the parent being horrid). How do you "toughen up"?

JCrakers
26-11-2013, 12:22 PM
When I started this job 6yrs I didn't have as much confidence as I do now.
Working with all the parents has taught me to be open from the beginning. Now I'm able to say what I mean without agreeing to things I don't want to do. It's just something I've learnt. Everything is explained from the beginning and I only do things that I want to do.
Plus working with children for 20yrs has given me experience and confidence of knowing that I actually know what I'm doing :laughing: So if anyone was to tell me I'm not doing something properly I know I have the experience to say otherwise :D lol

Plus I had a couple of incidents with friends/people when I was younger that toughened me up. I think its something you learn from experience and mistakes. :thumbsup:

sarah707
27-11-2013, 07:44 AM
It sort of comes with time - having really tight paperwork helps because it gives you something to fall back on.

There are free samples here for everyone - you just need to log in to get them :D

Childminder Guides - Exclusive Information Guides for Registered Childminder Members - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/information/childminder-plus)