PDA

View Full Version : Great new features for all Childcare.co.uk members

Richard
25-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Today we are announcing some great new Childcare.co.uk features that will benefit both our free and gold members.

Free members can now message gold members!

Previously free members could read and reply to messages from gold members but only gold members could initiate contact.

Now we've added a further benefit for gold members which allows free members to initiate contact with them!

What does this mean?

There are now even more reasons to become a gold member because not only can you search for and contact all the members you like, but now any member can send gold members a message. This means gold members can be sure never to miss a message from any member, even if the sender isn't a gold member themselves. Gold members will now receive even more responses to their profile!

For more details please see:

Great new member features ***must read!*** - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/news/new-member-features)

Rick
25-11-2013, 03:57 PM
:clapping: thanks Richard.

FussyElmo
25-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Thats really good news Richard _:-D

Mrs Scrubbit
25-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks alot Richard xxx

loocyloo
25-11-2013, 06:14 PM
:-) thank you x

Mummits
25-11-2013, 06:17 PM
How do parents know which childminders are gold members (or vice versa) = or is that a daft question?

shortstuff
25-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Brill thanks

muffins
25-11-2013, 09:07 PM
How do parents know which childminders are gold members (or vice versa) = or is that a daft question?

Good question:thumbsup:

Think this is a great idea though Richard:clapping::thumbsup:

Richard
26-11-2013, 09:18 AM
If you are a free member and click the 'Message' button on another member's profile then if they are a gold member you will be taken to the send a message page where you can send a free message.

Tunja
26-11-2013, 09:23 AM
:clapping: thanks Richard.

Thanks Richard a great idea.:jump for joy:

Mummits
26-11-2013, 09:36 AM
If you are a free member and click the 'Message' button on another member's profile then if they are a gold member you will be taken to the send a message page where you can send a free message.

Hi Richard, I think it's a great idea to introduce the facility to send free messages, but I hope you don't mind me suggesting that it would work better if non-gold members could see at a glance which were the gold members that they could send a message to.

As it stands, it seems to me that a parent could easily try without success to send a message to a few non-gold childcare providers and then give up in frustration. It would be better from the point of their satisfaction with the site if they could see at a glance who they could contact and who not.

Perhaps you could put some sort of icon on the gold member profiles (parent and childcarer) or make the message button say something like "GOLD MEMBER FREE MESSAGE"?

I am a gold member myself btw!

Richard
26-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. We will certainly consider this for the future.