PDA

View Full Version : Business bank account?

joannes
25-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi, was just wondering if you guys run your business accounts through a specific "business bank account" or did you just open another current account? I didn't think about it and just thought I'd open a separate bank account and then someone mentioned as a business I might have to get a dedicated business account through the banks and pay fees but receive more protection etc. I was wondering what type of bank accounts you all use or if it's not an option but compulsory to have a business banking account. Thanks

kateb84
25-11-2013, 01:54 PM
I opened a business account but never use it I ended up just using my current account

Bluebell
26-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I used a free business bank account and I was really pleased to be able to use it with my business name and keep everything separate.
HOWEVER, the :censored: just started charging a monthly fee. I'm not paying so am closing it and will use a spare personal account that I set up with the intention of using for my business account when I first started minding (until someone told me about the free business one)
It's a pain resetting up all my DD's for NI and so on but will be better off not having to pay a fee.

moggy
26-11-2013, 09:39 PM
No, definitely no business bank account here.
They can put on all kinds of charges and we are such very very small businesses they really are not aimed at us.
I just have my parents pay direct into my current account so the money is there ready to spend (so no need to transfer money across to current account to pay bills etc). It is all recorded in my NCMA/Pacey account book so no need to keep money separate- I know exactly how much has come in, from whom and when.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-11-2013, 11:25 PM
I have two cheque accounts - 1 for all my money to go into and the other for my direct debits